11.12.2010

IHOD featured in Chicago Collections Magazine!


(Style Spreads by country)

"Our Trend department highlights the season's must-have looks that can be achieved with key items found in Chicago stores."

1) Alexander McQueen Fall 2010
2) Noelle Leone Collection Gladiator Ring
3) Bumble and Bumble Sumo Wax
4) In Honor of Design Hair Pins 
5) Deola Sagoe Aso-Oke Dress

Believe me, when I found out that one of my designs would be featured in the Trend Section of Chicago Collections Magazine, I was amazed. When I found out I would be on the same page as Alexander McQueen??! ...I about fainted. To say this is humbling would be an understatement. I am so incredibly grateful for such an honor. 

How it happened: The "trend scout" for the magazine walked into Mr. & Mrs. Boutique in Chicago, where IHOD accessories are sold. She eyed the hair pins, snapped some shots, and decided they would be featured in the next issue! So, I owe a HIGE thank you to Emily, the manager of the fabulous boutique. (If you are in Chicago, check it out!!) Needless to say, the hair pins started to fly off the shelves. How fun! So now, I continue to dream big, and ask God to bless the small efforts and time I have for this business. He continues to amaze me...

Happy Friday everyone! Please consider submitting your items for the Handmade Holiday Gift Guide!




32 comments:

  1. this is great!!! congrats. :) I guess it's not quite the "twins" announcement I had in mind, but I'm sure you much more excited about this one. :) haha!!

    congrats, anna!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is so awesome! congratulations!! keep dreaming big. and that just encourages me to put stuff in stores which i had been thinking i didn't really want to. now i do! have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OHHH MYYYY GOSHHHH! Congrats Anna!!! How amazing?!?! xoxoxox <333

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so cool Anna, wooooohoo!!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! What a huge honor!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. anna this is absolutely fantastic!! I am so excited for you! How the heck are you managing?? ;-) I hope you are feeling well and your pregnancy is as easy as possible so you are able to keep up with all this......promotion, demand, and excitement.
    blessings to you and yours!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that's fabulous! Congratulations :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats Anna!!!! This is such great news!!!! I'm sure you're ordering a bunch of their magazines!

    http://shoesplurge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anna, this is fantastic! Congrats! Just goes to show that having your product out there can randomly lead to some pretty awesome things. Hope you have a stellar weekend, my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh wowwwww anna! that's awesomeee news! congrats on ur success!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW and double wow! Anna, congrats, this is really fabulous - and you deserve it! Have a fantastic weekend, cheers to you and your sweet ones!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh my goodness!! that is sooo super exciting!! so happy for you!! have a great weekend doll!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yeah! That is so wonderful Anna. You planted your seeds and now your harvest grows! Bless you my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. how fantastic!!! so exciting :)

    xo Alison

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oo, thats wonderful! Congrats on being featured!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I feel like I should ask for your autograph! You go girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  17. woohoo!! that is SO exciting. wish i still lived in chicago - i'd totally stop in that store!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome! Congrats friend! This means so much!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful, congratulations. Hard work pays off :))

    ReplyDelete
  20. That's amazing, Anna! Quite the accomplishment ;)
    love and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  21. CONGRATS!!!! This is pretty amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Anna, CONGRATS!!! This is amazing! I'm so happy for ya:)

    TheOwlsCloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congratulations you deserve it!!
    Great blog you have here! Have to follow. :)

    http://themessenger-bag.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Anna
    Congrats that is amazing and exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  25. ohhh, Anna, this is so exciting! Congratulations. Couldn't have happened to a sweeter person! I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh, how exciting! Congratulations on the much-deserved feature, I truly mean it. I love your pieces :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. wow wow wow!!! congrats on the press! that is so exciting!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from each of you. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts! <3

 
Pin It button on image hover