Thursday DIY: Happy Storage

I needed a few more jars for some odds n' ends in my wall unit. So here is my solution! There are so many ways you can use baby food jars. I am lucky to have them around right now due to my baby boy who loves to eat:) You really only need a few supplies and ten minutes to turn them into all purpose jars that are bright and fun to look at!

                             Baby Food Jars                              Optional Supplies:
                             Double Sided Tape                         Happy Tape 
                             Scissors                                       Round Gift Labels
                             Grosgrain Ribbon

5 Easy Steps:
1.) Clean out your baby jars and take off labels
2.) Pre-Cut your ribbon colors of choice
3.) Use Double-Sided Tape to wrap and secure around jars.
4.) If you are using lids, add labels or spray paint them.*See below*
5) Enjoy these happy storage units for any purpose you can think of!

If you want to embellish a little more, you can add happy tape , which I use all the time for my order packages. Its so functional and fun. Another idea if you want to use the lids for Penny jars for your kids, you can add a circle label on top (I got mine at Whimsy Press for gifts) or just spray paint them! Have fun!


  1. Oh so sweet and colorful! Great way to repurpose! You could use them also to put small gifts in! Have a great day!

  2. i love happy tape! i use it for packaging and it's just so fun!

  3. I'm always doing things like this to jars! I love the way yours turned out. Don't you love upcycling?

  4. Fantastic, I love reusing things that normally would be recycled - you are just recycling it in such a better (much cuter) way! upcycling is the best!

  5. I'm obsessed with reusing jars. Don't have baby food ones yet, but we get some great jars from the farmer's market (bbq sauce, jam) + I also love the size of bouillon cube jars. Great post.

  6. This is a great idea! I always keep jars and never know what to do with them.

  7. so cute! i love the idea of happy tape :)

  8. I have some happy tape. I never thought about decorating jars like that. What a great idea!

  9. Hi! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog, becoming a follower, and entering my giveaway. I am so glad I got to come by and check out your blog- I love it!

    You have so many wonderful ideas and designs. I love this DIY project- it would be a perfect idea for the favors at baby shower I have in a few months. Thank you so much for the idea. :)

    Much love,


    P.S. I am a follower too!

  10. how pretty!
    wish I were more of a DIY kind of girl... but alas I will wait to fidn one of these in a store, or get it as a wedding souvenier filled with candy or with a candle or something!


Love hearing from each of you. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts! <3

Pin It button on image hover