4.11.2013

Veronica Rose: 2 years too old





Veronica and I both couldn't sleep last night. Maybe she knew it was her birthday today...
We sat up looking outside at the moon in silence for a looooong time.
She just asked, "mama hold you." (which translates to pick me up) I most willingly complied.
I was secretly thankful for those moments to snuggle up and squeeze this little baby of mine who has suddenly become a little girl. 

Veronica Rose, 
These are a few things I hope to never forget about you:
You hate to wear pants (we will work on that), and prefer to run around in just a tee shirt and rainboots.
You prefer baseball caps to bows.
You like to do anything your big brother does...trains, bikes, digging in dirt, and getting messy. You are more daring than we bargained for.... you walk the line and push the envelope.
Climbing, dumping, sneaking....you giggle out loud when you are caught doing something wrong, followed by "Yes sir.." and a pretend sorry face.
You are sometimes more spice than sugar, but I know its because you got my strong willed nature. You also got my sensitivity and your daddy's big blue eyes and eyelashes.
This may prove to be a challenging combo, but if daddy and I do our part, someday you can choose to be strong willed for all the right things. We know God made you perfectly in His image. Speaking of your daddy, he gets this sparkle in his eye when he talks about you. He won't admit it, but you turn him to mush. He loves you to the moon and back and you are so lucky to have him and Gabriel looking out for you. 
You and Gabriel are best buds. You squabble every day, but you also share many hugs and kisses. He makes sure you always get any surprises or treats he is having, as well as avoid any danger. He says with pride that "he is your big brother and he needs to protect you." We all can't wait to see who you grow into.
And even though come June, you will no longer be the baby of the family, you have my whole heart and soul. Always.
I have gotta wrap this up before I start making this happy day a tearful one...:)
Happy Birthday my beautiful blue eyed girl!
Mama

And here's a video from two days ago. Seemed appropriate since I caught her without pants on film;)

*Veronica's birth story here and First birthday here.



27 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to her! Such a sweet age...so full of curiosity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness, such a sweet post! happy birthday to your sweet little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful post Anna and little miss no-pants; hilarious! she's just stylin' over here in those boots :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is just PRECIOUS!!!! Happy birthday to Miss V!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday Veronica! She is so lucky to have her family and how time flies when you are all having fun!

    xoxo,
    Chic 'n Cheap Living

    ReplyDelete
  6. My little bit used to always say I na hold you. Meaning will you hold me. She is 4 now and no longer says it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is absolutely lovely. :) happy birthday, veronica!
    kw ladies in navy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday little lady! I love the little things that make each child unique. A couple of years ago my niece and nephew would suddenly come into the living room (where there were a bunch of people for a party) with no clothes on! They loved to feel free! Haha. The video you shared is so cute. Your voice is always what I pictured it to be, kind and absolutely lovely. Have a wonderful day celebrating!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy birthday Veronica. She is a cutie. I have the same middle name.


    Bonnie Rose | A Compass Rose

    ReplyDelete
  10. awwww this made ME a little teary-eyed! so beautiful - you, your daughter + the love you share!!! lovely post, friend! XO

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy birthday to your little rose :) I wish she has a bright and happy life, full of meaningful and loved things! She is precious and you must feel so blessed to having her in your lives. Your family looks so strong and loved and bonded between you all. It's a positive hope for us all :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday to your sweet little lady! What a sweet little letter your daughter will get to read someday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope your little lady has a wonderful birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. so CUTE! I'm excited to see your new blog design!

    ReplyDelete
  15. awwww such a sweet birthday post!!!!!!!!!!! happy birthday to your girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my gosh. This is making me cry! Such a beautiful post for a beautiful girl. Birthdays for our babies are so bittersweet! Love her lack of pants. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy birthday to your adorable and energetic little V! Love the video :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful little girl miss V is!
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. So sweet. Happy birthday to your little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  20. this is way too sweet, cant believe she's 2!!! wow! happy birthday baby girl!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy birthday to your sweet girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Awwwwww she's so beautiful and lovely and adorable!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is just so amazing! Hopefully I'll meet the two kiddos soon! xo

    Mandy @ Waiting On Martha

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your babies are adorable! XOXO God bless them!

    ReplyDelete
  25. she and josie sound like they would be great friends! future college roomates?

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh, Anna. This entry made me cry. So sweet and heartfelt. I can't believe sweet and spicy Veronica is 2 already!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from each of you. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts! <3

 
Pin It button on image hover