1.17.2013

Make // Wear .01: DIY Gemstone Bracelets


Now before we get into all the Valentine's Day fun, I wanted to share an easy rainy day bling project to fight away the winter boredom:) Since this is the week to introduce new series, I am going to start labeling my DIY accessories the Make // Wear projects...


Supplies:
Chain (long enough to wrap around your wrist 1-2 x.) - MJTrim or Etsy are great online sources for  cable chain.
Gemstone beads - 1 inch wide. You can find these at any craft store. I found mine at an antique market.
Lobster Clasp
Jump Rings - 10 mm should be fine.
Wire - use the same color of your chain and make sure it is thick wire.
Pliers

Instructions:
1. Measure your chain and divide into two equal lengths. If you are doing a double wrap around divide where it would hit behind your wrist. You can divide chain with a pliers or metal snips.
2. Measure out your wire and loop one end tightly around the end of the chain with your pliers. Place your bead through the wire and tightly cut and wind the other end around the second chain strand.
3. Add your lobster clasp and jump ring using your pliers to bring both chain ends together.

Pretty simple if you have the right supplies. I have a whole set of colors I am dreaming of making. Birthday gift for the year:) If you would like a similar necklace, you can check out the DIY cable necklace set  and apply accordingly.
For a full list of DIY projects, visit the thumbnail gallery. 

P.S. Amazed by all the responses to yesterday's One Truth post. Working on getting back to all of you. Thank you so much for your responses! x


20 comments:

  1. I love making jewelry! The stones you chose are fab! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. classy!

    http://www.anmarkdesign.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute DIY! I definitely need to try to make one of those fab bracelets!

    xx
    Giovanna
    www.HeyLoveBlog.com
    MayBooks Giveaway!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks simple enough for me to try! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE this Anna, I am so terrible at making jewelry but am definitely going to give these a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this, and I can't wait to try!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty and easy! You always come up with the best DIYs Anna!

    ReplyDelete
  8. okay, this is just so gorgeous! i haven't made jewelry in a very, very long time...i think you have just reinspired me! XO brynn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this tutorial! I'm always looking for new bracelets to wear!

    ReplyDelete
  10. so cute - love how these turned out - something i will have to try!
    -- jackiejade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing! Looks like a good project for the weekend...wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super duper cute!! Have a great weekend, Anna.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Anna! Can I just say that I am super flattered you even read my blog, let alone comment?! You are so adorable and sweet-- congratulations on the new babe. Can't wait to see who will join Gabriel and Veronica :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. CUTE! I want to make one now!!!!!! Love your style XO

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this bracelet! You're always so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this project! So simple and pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice and beautiful pictures. All these are looking very nice.

    Thanks
    Wholesale Gemstone Beads

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from each of you. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts! <3

 
Pin It button on image hover