9.19.2012

21 Dates of Summer: Dates 17, 18, and 19


I realized that each one of these dates revolved around food. That says something about us...
We love to stuff our faces at every opportunity we get. Truth.

(Scarf via Deloom Boutique)

After New York, Gabe got a severe case of poison Ivy (as you can see on his knee) and we couldn't so much as hold hands for days. Brutal I tell you.
It was a crazy week for both of us so when we got the chance to get away all we wanted to do was sit outside and have some time to catch up with each other - the kind of time when the little ones aren't tugging on your legs or trying to talk over you to be apart of the conversation;) 
Atlanta Bread Co. had this beautiful outdoor patio area - I was very impressed.

We had a movie night which was the perfect excuse to make up our own popcorn recipe.
We made caramel popcorn following Paula Dean's recipe, except we didn't bake it, just mixed it in a brown paper bag, and topped with fudge and marshmallow cream. Don't even get me started.....divine.


I am a morning person by nature (this could be argued since babies entered the picture), so it was cool to change up the time of day for a date and scope out a bagel joint we had heard about. It was in a random place, but true NY style. Loud and to the point, and the bagels being the size of my face.
A dozen cream cheeses and two dozen bagel flavors, Gabe and I stared for a good ten minutes before deciding which to commit to. We will become regulars no doubt...they were fantastic.

*Next week is the last two dates of this series with the 21st date being on the last official day of  summer on the 21st. The post will be open for you to link up your summer dates to as well! 





17 comments:

  1. I looove popcorn! Yuo should try melting peanut and syrup in the microwave and pour that over your popped corn! Delicious

    ReplyDelete
  2. You too are super cute and I have loved your date series. We make popcorn at least once a week and will for switch things up with some toppings in the future now. Thanks for the inspiration. And the paper bag idea and popcorn...genius. Why didnt I think of that?! I am usually making a mess trying to toss the popcorn in a too small size bowl. doh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that bagel joint sounds amazing--i wish we had bagel places like that over here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love love love! What movie did you see btw? That popcorn looked to-die-for.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is too cool! What neat places.....and I'm totally with you on food-centered dates. Hmmm, now I'm craving some sweet popcorn and a big schmeared bagel. :)
    -Kristen

    The Mrs. and The Momma

    ReplyDelete
  6. There's a BB's in Cumming that I've been to once. It was yummy! Love your scarf - you two are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. First of all: Can't believe he got poison ivy! :( Second of all I'm not sure I have seen that many cream cheeses in one place! How fantastic! I'm seriously going to have to do this with my husband...all of your dates sound so fun and a great way to connect with your significant other, without being too extravagant!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've been making me want popcorn more and more lately! Jason and I love food too. Food dates are always good :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. you guys are just too, too cute :) i have just loved following along all of your dates...these ones are pretty great! how can you go wrong with anything food related?! and that pop corn...oh my!!!!! XO brynn

    ReplyDelete
  10. You guys are so adorable! I love the popcorn idea for movie night. I will be sure to snag that recipe. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That popcorn looks HEAVENLY. I love these cute date ideas you're doing with your hubby. You're giving me lots of ideas :] Can't wait to try some of these!

    Molly

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love all of your date ideas! Seriously, it's such a good way to remind each other of how much you love each other and try new things! Love :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You know I love a good smoothie ;) ...but right now I could go for some of that popcorn...wow! Looks like 3 awesome, fun dates with your hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  14. eating good food together is always a great date!
    then coffee + bagels + sweet popcorn can never go wrong :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. So many of our dates revolve around food too!! it is kind of sad but true! I've loved this series!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those bagels! I die. I heart a good bagel with cream cheese!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from each of you. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts! <3

 
Pin It button on image hover