8.09.2012

DIY Studded phone case


I have successfully held out against the iphone to avoid more distraction and higher phone bills, but I must say I wish I had one just for the phone case options! My lovely HTC inspire doesn't quite have the case options, so that is why I decided to bling it up a little. I have seen many versions of studded phone cases (like such) and new it was as easy to DIY myself. I am sure many others have had this same idea, so if you have done this, show me your pics!
Here is my version for all you iphone and non-iphone users alike, here is the easy way to stud your case!


Supplies:
Studs in your color of choice (got mine on etsy)
Super Glue or E- 6000
Phone Case
Pliers (optional)

Here's the trick: You need studs with iron backs on them for even gluing surface vs. the hollow studs. The iron backed studs are filled with an adhesive that is hardened so you can add super glue or E-6000 to the backs.

Instructions:
1) Pre-design your back so you know where to place your pieces.
2) Add a dab of glue to the center and use pliers to place evenly. You can also use your hands if you are steady enough!
3) Let dry long enough to ensure no smudged pieces.

Time: 15 min
Total Cost: (Varies on case and stud cost) My case came with my phone and the studs were $5.00 with plenty leftover!

Hope you enjoyed the back to back DIY's this week! More coming up next week:)

P.S. I have a new feauture called the DIY Gallery in the link bar! Should be easy for you to find any DIY ideas posted in the past. Will be adding more soon:)

23 comments:

  1. I have been wanting to buy a studded iphone case, but maybe now I can make one! :) thanks!
    ~www.Tinacious.Me~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I too have an HTC with very limited case options. This is such a good idea. -Heidi http://fabricandfrosting.blogspot.no/

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have been thing about putting studs on a phone case (and about a million other things) .. thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute Anna - Don't you just adore Etsy's supplies - I could shop for HOURS just in the supplies section (not that I can actually afford to)

    xo

    danielle
    detrimentalbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this one Anna. I'm normally not a studded phone case girl but this one is just cool enough for me. Not too much "bedazzalation" going on but the perfect amount of pizzazz.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea, and I have a bunch of those studs from MJ trimming that I haven't used yet.

    xx Amy

    Leopard and Lillies

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is so cute! i thought about doing some sort of design on my plain iphone case but just never had the chance to. Hopefully by seeing this post I should start :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh love. And what girl could refuse a touch of gold???

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are DIY-ing it all over the place week Anna! Nicely done. :)

    ~Natasha Fatah~
    ~Natasha Fatah~

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glam Anna! You're being the crafty queen these days, Bravussimo belel!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I pinned this today cause I have to try it :) SO SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ok you just read my mind, I was just looking at some studded cases online thinking how gorgeous they were. You did it, again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What?!! So freakin cool! I want one! Pinning for sure..as a reminder to make this ASAP

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so cool! I've been wanting to try something with studs and I'm planning to go find some this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So cute! I'm half tempted to buy a black case and get to work on my own phone! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. So great! I actually saw a very similar phone case at Free People the other day. I might do something similar to my plain black case! :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this idea! What size studs did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Young people are living in a time where peer pressure and the need to be part of it has become very important in their lives. Within this sphere, many idols and personalities often play a significant role.

    e_cell

    ReplyDelete
  19. Really i am impressed from this post....the person who created this post is a genius and knows how to keep the readers connected..


    iPhone 5s Cases

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from each of you. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts! <3

 
Pin It button on image hover