10.13.2012

Urban Legend and Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipes


Just dropping in to pass along a few easy cookie recipes that we have been baking around here. Like I mentioned previously, I get a little over zealous in the kitchen during October;) 


Urban Legend Chocolate Chip Cookies (recipe here).
These are easy to stack and gift to friends too:) We had to get them out of the house before we ate them all.


Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 cup canned pumpkin
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 egg
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 tablespoon vanilla
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips

1. Combine pumpkin, sugar, vegetable oil, and egg. In a separate bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, ground cinnamon, and salt.
2. Add flour mixture slowly to pumpkin mixture and mix as you go.
3. Stir in the vanilla, followed by the chocolate chips.
4. Spoon onto greased cookie sheet and bake at 350°F for approximately 12 minutes or until firm.


These are a tradition for me. They bake as puffy as whoopie pies and are just the right hint of pumpkin that you crave. Its a little too easy to down a few...or ten in a row. Make with caution.

I hope you all got some of this beautiful weather in your neck of the woods:)
Love, Anna




21 comments:

  1. i'm all about pumpkin-related bread/muffins/cookies/custard/etc. it makes for a very yummy october!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oohh, these looks delish! Love all variations of chocolate chip cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd like to make all sorts of chocolate chip cookies right now. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want one of those right now! Love the addition of the pumpkin. Hope you enjoyed the awesome weather we had today, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wish you lived a little closer so we could make that happen! ;)

      Delete
  5. These both look delicious! I love baking and cooking this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Gina- its the only time I am in the kitchen so much:)

      Delete
  6. So want to try these ones we move out to our own place. =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmmmmm, looks so yummy!


    =)


    Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, Anna!

    These cookies look so yummy! Cookies are my greatest weakness. Not chocolate, not ice cream, but cookies. Love them!

    And a HUGE thank you for stopping by my blog earlier! I felt so honored. You are amazing!

    Have a joyful day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I hear you! But maybe I just have a thing for all sweets...
      :) So happy to meet you via blogworld!

      Delete
  9. The recipe sounds so yummy. I love recipes where there is a vegetable that is hidden. The more veggies I can my daughter eat the better. Thank you for sharing.
    XO,
    Zhanna
    www.lifeandbows.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't even think of that but you are right! Score!

      Delete
  10. I need to try this recipe! Looks very delicious!))

    ReplyDelete
  11. These sound sooo good. I had pumpkin muffins on the weekend since I just love pumpkin baking. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those look amazing!! I have yet to make some like that... Thanks for the recipe! :)

    I have got to make some this week... :)

    xoxo,
    Nat

    modernbuttercup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. These look deeeelish! I'm not much of a baker during October but these look too goo not to get into the kitchen for. Thanks!
    -Michelle {LiveLoudly}

    ReplyDelete
  14. imn going to make these this weekend!! epp so excited :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. They look delicious!! Cookies are so tasty...especially in Fall :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just made these and they are so lovely and moist. Thanks darling!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from each of you. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts! <3

 
Pin It button on image hover