9.21.2012

Weekend Inspiration + Fun Links for Your Weekend

(photo source unknown)

"I decided, very early on, just to accept life unconditionally; I never expected it to do anything special for me, yet I seemed to accomplish far more than I had ever hoped. Most of the time it just happened to me without my ever seeking it." ~ Audrey Hepburn

I'm learning in baby steps to live for this day alone. Its a gift that could easily be wasted by looking to the past or the future. Its not easy but it sure makes for a better recipe of happiness.
The cool weather hit Atlanta this week so we are heading up to the mountains this weekend for some fall weather fun. Wishing you all a beautiful weekend!
Love, Anna


Fun Links for your Weekend:

Mara interviewed a J.Crew personal stylist and shares some great styling tips.

These colorful jewelry knobs are a fun and easy DIY to jazz up a room, and this new line of jewelry baubles would be perfect for hanging on them.

Megan hosted an end of summer soiree and I am wishing I was her neighbor. Its unreal.

A new blog to watch: West Hawthorne Place. I keep going back for more.

Liz shared some fantastic ways to wear a leather jacket.

Emerson Fry's Fall Collection is Ridiculous. Can't handle how good it is.

This movie trailer brought tears to my eyes. Can't wait to see the whole film.


24 comments:

  1. Audrey Hepburn was a very wise and amazing lady! I think we could all do well to follow this bit of wisdom.

    Have a lovely weekend Anna!
    Rowena @ rolala loves

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your links! That quote is a great reminder to live for today. Love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for sharing those links! oh, and what a lovely quote. definitely something that we should all make a conscious effort to try and remember.

    ReplyDelete
  4. cannot wait to see that movie!

    http://frenchpresstights.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this Anna! Great links, too! Happy weekend :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. such lovely, inspiring words :) definitely food for thought as this is probably one of the happiest ways to live life. oh, audrey...how can you not look up to her... such an inspiration. happy weekend, anna! XO brynn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful words to live by. Have a great time up in the mountains.

    ReplyDelete
  8. such a great quote. thanks for sharing it again. love audrey hepburn.

    ReplyDelete
  9. love that quote...ringing very true to me right now:)
    Hope you have a lovely family fun weekend...
    and can I be her neighbor TOO...omg...that backyard soiree looks amazing....I wish I was that creative.
    C

    ReplyDelete
  10. West Hawthorne Place is a great blog, thanks for the recommendation! :) Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh I love when you share new blogs to read! I am really enjoying Marshalls Abroad and from what I can see already West Hawthorne Place looks good too! Have a great weekend, Anna! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I always enjoy your link round ups. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. thanks for sharing the new blog to watch! love connecting with other chicago bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dear Anna, i try the same thing - to live in the moment and in the present day and not worry about tomorrow. Truth is - even if things are difficult, the present moment can be wonderful! have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the photo of Audrey and great links! I am obsessed with Emerson Fry - her clothes are so classy, yet still fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a lovely quote! Thank you for the recommendation for West Hawthorne Place too. Have a great weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great quote! Taking one day at a time is hard but very rewarding.

    ReplyDelete
  18. i love the colorful jewelry knobs, that is such a cute idea

    ReplyDelete
  19. That J.Crew styling link was seriously a lifesaver! I was always trying to figure out how to roll my sleeves!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the bright jewelry knobs. I've been looking to make something like that for my baubles too. I love using jewelry as art. You wear it more when you can see it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Living in the day is as life is intended to be lived!! Amen! :) Hope you are enjoying a beautiful weekend with your lovely family Anna, having fun in the mountains!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love this post! The links are great too! Thank you!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  23. 1. I love the photo and quote at the top! It is amazing.
    2. I truly have a hard time living for each day and not wishing some of them hurry along! I need to do better with this.
    3. That trailer. Oh my!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from each of you. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts! <3

 
Pin It button on image hover