(Recipe is for 2 lbs chiken but I often half it for 1 lb.)
2 lbs Chicken Breasts cut into strips
1 stick of butter
1 1/2 medium onions
1/3 c. sour cream
1 t. salt
1 t. pepper
2 t. paprika
1) Chop onion and place in a large cooking pot along with the stick of butter and cook over low heat until onions are clear.
2) Add salt, pepper, and paprika
3) Place the chicken around the bottom of the pot and let sit for two minutes on each side. Cover and let simmer for a good hour. Turn the chicken half way through. (The key to the flavor of this dish is letting it sit in the spices for a good long while!)
4) When the chicken is close to being finished, cook a pound of pasta of your choice. Cavatapi and Rotini are great ones.
4) When the chicken is ready, remove it from the pot and set aside. Add the sour cream to the sauce and whisk together.
5) Pour the sauce and chicken over the noodles and enjoy every last bite:)
Let me know if you have any questions!