8.18.2011

3 Steps DIY Sequin Clutch

This is for you gals out there who don't think you can do DIY. These fun and fancy clutches only involve THREE items and THREE steps. Not kidding! Ready?


 First things first, if you are near a Hobby Lobby, RUN your little bottom over there and pick yourself up one or two of these dandy linen clutches. They are ripe for the picking at only $3.99! And use their weekly 40% off an item coupon to get it for less than $2.50! If you are not near one, never fear! You can buy one online here or here. They have both colors available. I bought both the dark charcoal grey and the natural linen. Then head over to the ribbon and trims section and pick out a fun trim to embellish them in. I picked up this gold sequin trim (they usually have trim on sale for 50% off) for $2.50. Sorry the Charcoal trim I bought in the LA fabric district for my shop, so I already had that in stock. For the adhesive you can use hem tape OR glue gun. Easy as that!

In summary, your supplies:
Sequin trim (any kind of preference)
Hem tape OR Glue Gun


The Steps:
1) Measure out the trim to fit the length of the clutch(es)
2) Measure out the hem tape
3)Place hem tape between trim and clutch, and hold down your iron on the INSIDE of the clutch for a few seconds on each section of the trim to get them to stick together.
OR
3) Simply heat up your glue gun and use small amounts along the trim where you would like it placed.
*You can use one or two strips of trim on the back depending on the look you want.


....and Voila!! I told you it was simple:)
I hope you go treat yourself or a friend to this $5.00 glam clutch! And if you do, you will have to share the pics and let me know how it goes!

(styled from this previous post)

P.S. I have another fun DIY Sequin tote coming next week:)

Also, I shared some fun maxi skirt love over on Mrs. Capretta's blog if you want to come visit!


39 comments:

  1. I love this! And I can't believe it only cost you $5! You could've kept this little secret to yourself and sold them in your shop! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only 3 steps?! I am sold! This is SO cool as a perfect way to bling up a boring old clutch! Very clever :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great little project! I used to live near a Hobby Lobby, but have since moved far, far away. Oh, how I miss it! I checked online for the clutch, but unfortunately, the linen color is sold out right now. I will be filing this project away for something to do in the near future!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this idea! Thanks for sharing - my friend and I were trying to figure out how you made this in your last outfit post!
    <3 Shay
    www.thefailtehouse.blogpsot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. So stylish and cute - must remember this for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this idea! Definitely running to the local HL this weekend with my coupon in tow :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are one styling, savvy lady darling! I wish i had a Hobby lobby here!

    xoxo,
    Chic 'n Cheap Living

    ReplyDelete
  8. Of course we don't have a hobby lobby anywhere near us. But I want that linen one, so cute! Great DIY!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Um, I seriously think this is the easiest DIY I've seen...and I love the end result!

    ReplyDelete
  10. SO simple, I think I can do this!! Love any DIY that involves sequins and sparkles.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How easy is that?! Love them!! and how fun is the leopard print inside!! I'm thinking of making one for my stylish bff in NYC! ;) Thanks for the instructions!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. that's such a great idea and fabulous DIY! love the black one, perhaps would make one in grey, too! xoxo

    http://some-kind-of-style.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. NO way Josea. Seriously? Those are at Hobby Lobby? And you doctored it up so adorably!!! Guess where I'm heading after work... : )

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that! Tried to go get me one, and they are sold out, sad! I put my name on the list though if they get more in! Great idea

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a great idea, so chic and elegant but yet more than affordable!

    Girl about Town XxX

    ReplyDelete
  16. WHAT!!! This is a GREAT DIY!!!!! Oooo! I wish their was a hobby lobby near me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is AWESOME! You rock my world ANNA :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is way too cool! I love the leopard print pattern on the inside of the clutch too! :))))

    www.madebygirl.com
    madebygirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great DIY! Love it - love clutches....they are timeless.
    Both of these are fabulous! Well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. So cute and so easy!! Very fun and chic ;)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am still in shock that they have those cute little clutches for $3.99 at my favorite place! The sequins add that perfect little touch to make them all fancy-pants (c: Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  22. These are so fun! Glitter and leopard are a great combo!
    I'll be adding this to the list of things I need to do.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sooo sweet and chic! I love it and the price tag too! I wish we had Hobby Lobbies!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great, and very simple DIY! How can you NOT try it?

    ReplyDelete
  25. what a great diy! thanks for sharing the details, i'm definitely going to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm so running my little bottom over to Hobby Lobby tomorrow! And so glad to discover hem tape. Who knew?!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love this idea! Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. this clutch is amazing,my dear<3
    wonderful blog!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Such a great idea, makes a great gift! Think I need to invest in a glue gun!:)

    ReplyDelete
  30. sensational Anna! these diy's you share are the best b/c i love when no sewing is involved. clever with the texture mix in of sequins, who doesn't want to hold on to a bit of glitz!!! xoox &hearts

    ReplyDelete
  31. GREAT idea!!! And easy:) I am thinking extra C'mas gifts for teachers, or cousins!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. These are totally gorgeous. I am so happy to have found your blog - devouring it!

    ReplyDelete
  33. It's amazing :)

    I made a list of Clutch tutorials on my blog <3
    You're in it, hope thats okay :)
    http://crafterlifebyme.blogspot.com/2012/02/lot-of.html

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from each of you. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts! <3

 
Pin It button on image hover