6.27.2011

Meet the Blogger: Lynn of Hearted Girl

SOOO excited to introduce my sweet bloggity friend Lynn, from Hearted Girl. One of my favorite things about Lynn is that she genuinely cares for the people she connects with. Her thoughtful comments and exchanges lead to our instant friendship over the blogosphere. She is a gem to say the least! Hoping to meet her in person someday:) Thank you Lynn for being a guest here! Honored to have you!
1. You have such a positive and fun space over at Hearted Girl. What got you to start blogging?
Thank you so much Anna! I actually "started" a blog inside my head about 2 years before it became a reality. From the moment I spotted my first glimpse of others amazing spaces I was hooked on the medium and impressed with the variety it allowed for. To me, a blog is like a personal online self-exposure of memories, dreams, hopes, plans, inspirations and day to day life. It's the living diary form that appealed to me plus the design integration towards graphics, photography and illustrations.

After completing a web development course and upgrading my skill set I felt ready with the tools to brand myself in a way I'd feel proud of. Since then I started hearted girl and have loved growing and expanding on those initial roots. Nothing like a good dose of preparation to give you the confident spark!


2. When someone asks you what you do for a living, how do you describe it?
ohhh, the "elevator speech", that's one I've sort of rebelled against. Since I was little my soul put it's back up towards any boxed in fences. The way I usually describe what I do is that I'm a creative person who's found a balance between my love of the logical and my passion for design.
This intention has expanded into a variety of workplaces; all with creative environments. Right now I'm involved with 3 things: I'm an event & office coordinator for Eckhart Tolle Teachings, a free-lance designer and a blogger. You know, to me, even Excel spreadsheets can be seen as a Zen like experience because you need to focus on the data, refine it and embrace frequent interruptions. Staying scrappy, being reactive with a good sense of humor and blending in some DIY approaches seems to be where it's at in my books!


3. What has been the best aspect of blogging for you?
Hand in hand: connection and creation. I had no idea when I began blogging that there would be such a grand community. I'm so grateful and humbled by the amount of wise ladies I've been fortunate enough to cross paths with; they are all awesome as anything!!! Bonus points go to Adobe CS, addicted is an understatement.



4. What are your go to places of inspiration? (people, places, blogs, etc.)
people: the boyf b/c he can pretty much MacGyver anything and has wizard ideas about graphic elements. Kiddos are the smallest inspirations; their take on things almost contains transformative powers zooming me back to innocence. Childisms that speak volumes of truth make me recall a more tender age when we all were harmless as doves, believing in every possibility and young-minded delight.
places: Italy and New York.
blogs: too many to name but the first to come to mind are a beautiful mess, Rockstar Diaries and DESIGNLOVEFEST.


5. Just for fun, what is your favorite way to spend a day?
awe, any day with the boyf, our fur babies and some sunshine works wonders on me. If the evening included a lovely restaurant and a live concert then that would be most excellent too!


Thank you Anna, it's an honor to be here! Your space is so beloved by me; our friendship has been a pleasure to polish and be blessed with. ♥

37 comments:

  1. i love lynn!! great feature :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun feature! I'm going to check out her blog now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Lynn, she is such an inspiring person. The first comment I received from her was almost novel-sized and had me very close to tears. She is a truly amazing human being and I love catching up with her blog every now and again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Lynn, she is such an inspiring person. The first comment I received from her was almost novel-sized and had me very close to tears. She is a truly amazing human being and I love catching up with her blog every now and again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lynn is awesome! What a great interview :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you Anna, being with you here today means several things to me. i feel blessed with knowing you through the blogosphere and that is definitely 1st on the list!! i'm also touched that you'd want to include me here on IHOD, when i say pinching myself, well it was more like a little side to side head shake and perhaps even asked Sean to douse me with a bucket of water till my senses came back ; )

    there is also the delight to meet some new friends through you, which is pretty stellar and i'm ever grateful. i had a great time pondering those questions, it's really cool to be "interviewed". you have a way of making everyone feel special and i know, for me today, it's a sense of wonder because you noticed me. in a world this large, how that happens i'm not sure but i am sure that it won't ever be forgotten in my heart!

    and thank you girls above, you are all so rad....i adore you and hug-it's all around today!!!!! i'll be skipping my way to work, cheers! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anna,

    What a beautiful feature! I love how the blogging community brings like-minded people together. Thanks for sharing and have a lovely week.

    Your blogger friend from Amsterdam :)
    Jeanelle @ Glocal Girl

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great interview!! I love how colorful and delightful she talks! ;) And what an inspiration on life and creativity she is!
    Heading over to check her out!

    Hope you had a great weekend, Anna!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay Lynn! She's such a nice person, I love her blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great feature! I follow both of you already, great match up!! :)
    nikki

    ReplyDelete
  11. lynn is just the best. so happy to see her highlighted on here. can't you just tell the time and heart she puts into everything. i swear...so talented, that girl!

    ReplyDelete
  12. love this feature! - oh and BTW i just become your newest follower - loven' what i see so far!!!

    *kiss kiss*
    Erika at ~Tiptoe Butterfly~


    LAST DAY Bloggers to stop by and enter~Light as a Feather necklace GIVEAWAY~ it’s an almost $50 value!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love Lynn! She has such a huge heart and is inspiring!
    J.

    ReplyDelete
  14. her photos are amazing!! checking out her blog now!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great interview and images! Going to check out Hearted Girl now. Thanks for sharing!

    http://www.blog.badjoan.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just started following Lynn recently - she is great & has such a fun personality. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great interview and such gorgeous photos! Must have a look a her blog right now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. she seems like such a sweet gal! gonna go check out her blog now!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love Lynn so, so much. Definitely one of my faves. :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  20. Anna: You couldn't have described Lynn better than you did, she really irradiates positiveness, she is a charm! Great interview ladies, loved reading about you Lynn! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have loved absolutely every inch of this introduction and am about to hop on over to this fabulous new blog!!

    Wishing you a wonderful week, Anna :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love lynn she is so sweet and honest and actually reads what you write, go figure right? She is a doll.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lynn sounds like such a creative, inspiring lady! I can't wait to check out her blog--thanks for this sneak peek :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a great feature - I always love getting to know the person behind the blog. Can't wait to check out her site!

    ReplyDelete
  25. two of my favorites in one place! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Awwww. Lynn seems like such a sweet woman. Hearing about her blog for the very first time, but she sure has some very pretty photos.
    Great interview with seemingly honest answers.

    ReplyDelete
  27. nice blog... have a view of my blog when free.. http://www.lonelyreload.com (A Growing Teenager Diary) .. do leave me some comment / guide if can.. if interested can follow my blog...

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a great interview! going to visit hearted girl now :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. A very sweet interview! I love hearing about new blogs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is such a nice interview :) I've never heard of her blog before but visited it after reading your feature and love it now! :)

    xxx,

    Fashion Fractions

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love Lynn at Hearted Girl, what a thoughtful, wonderful interview!
    xo Cara
    http://www.afashionloveaffair.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. Such a great interview! Lynn's space is always uplifting :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Lynn has a great talent with her photography. It's absolutely beautiful. I'm in love with that ferris wheel. She sounds lovely. Can't wait to check out her blog! Thanks for sharing her!! ;)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  34. Lynn is a sweet soul -- it's great to see her featured here, Anna!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from each of you. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts! <3

 
Pin It button on image hover