2.14.2011

A Be Mine Box for Husband


So if you may remember, husband and I like to hand make each other cards and such:) Its something I really look forward to. There is nothing more personal than a handmade or handwritten Valentine. Last night, he came out of our room where he had been secretly working on something for quite a while, and said with the saddest face I ever did see "I broke your Valentine"...it was so cute I had a hard time not giggling at him. My heart melted right then and there. He is trying hard!

You may remember the Valentine I made for him last year. Well, I couldn't slack, so one of the little surprises he will find in his work bag this morning is this little box of goodies:) These kraft boxes I got from Alli's shop are so much fun. The possibilities of things you could fill them with are endless. Just apply to any occasion! I filled his with felt hearts, candy heart confetti, and scalloped punches, and a "Be Mine" garland.

So now I need to finish some other fun things I have up my sleeve for hubby. We are getting some V-day/birthday celebrating in this weekend. I won't get all mushy on you but lets just say, this boy shows me day in and day out what real love truly means. He loves me and my son tirelessly, and it makes me want to be just like him. I am working on it:) 

What are your plans today? I am off to a little Valentine party with Little G and his buddies. Wishing each of you a day filled with friends, family, and fun! <3



28 comments:

  1. love this! so so adorable. hope you have a great valentines day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe! Happy Valentines Day to you and your hubby! What a sweet surprise, I hope he loves it! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah this is so sweet- love that you make each other homemade Valentine's- thanks for sharing and happy Valentine's to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How incredibly sweet, Anna. You're one very lucky woman. I hope you have an incredible Valentine's Day filled with lots of sweet surprises.

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO creative. Happy Valentines Day Anna!

    ReplyDelete
  6. glad to see others giving crafts to the husbands:) very cute idea

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is too sweet!! i hope you have a lovely valentines day! xoxo jcd

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the box. I just clicked on your last years project with the deck of cards and OH MY GOODNESS I am smitten! Cuestst card idea I have ever seen. I can't wait to try making it myself (doubt I will get to today, but I think it could work for another day too). Thanks for sharing such great things :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So fun!!! I hope you enjoy your Valentines Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I bet your husband loved that! What a sweet tradition between the two of you. Happy Valentines Day Anna.

    ReplyDelete
  11. aww, I love the idea of making each other cards. How sweet. Enjoy the day, Anna!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sweet, sweet sweet - bonjour romance! Here in germany, we don't really send cards and such, but i lam really inspired, and created some heart cards! Happy Valentines Anna, and congrats to your lovely family!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aww you guys are way too cute!!! I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this!! So cute :) Happy Valentines Day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. aw! I love seeing homemade valentines.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So sweet! And I'm a newbie to your blog so I didn't get to see the playing card valentine...I'm totally in love with that! (c: Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a sweet idea. Crafted gifts are the best

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Valentine's Day Anna! =)

    www.goodgirlgoneglad.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Aw, what a terrifically sweet idea! Happy V-day!

    ReplyDelete
  20. this is such a creative and cute diy :) hope your day was great!

    ReplyDelete
  21. wow that is way way too cute Anna!! i love ittttt

    ReplyDelete
  22. so sweet and thoughtful! I love what you made. this is just what Valentine's day should be about!
    ps. thanks for the shout out too :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. awww what a cute a sweet gift! :)
    happy valentine's day!

    ReplyDelete
  24. So darling! I love Alli's shop too! This is just precious...it would be so cute with a birthday message too!
    Have a great day!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from each of you. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts! <3

 
Pin It button on image hover