Resolution #1 in 2011 - Be Spontaneous - L.A. Recap

My spontaneous trip of 2011 in L.A. was such a sweet time:) Ever play high-low?!
 Here are my highs and lows of the trip! Top moments:
1) Getting to experience the trip with one of my dear friends/co-workers from Radiant -Rose, and her two adorable boys! We have had so many fun adventures together and this one made the list!
2) The Soul Surfer movie screening. Incredible movie with an all star cast. It was at the Sony, which was surreal! We are excited to be able to interview some of them. Stay tuned!
3) Meeting Mara and having lunch at Louie Bottega. A pretty adorable cafe with a fantastic menu.
I could have talked to her for hours. We have a lot in common:) She will be modeling some of the new accessories from the IHOD Spring line! Looking forward to working with her and sharing!
4) Getting to experience the Fabric District downtown. Got some beautiful supplies! 
5) Driving down Rodeo Dr. Its real! ha ha! Absolutely beautiful too. Sparkly actually. I now understand why movie stars live in their own bubble and can be pretty absurd sometimes. Their world is its own!

Low Moments:
1) Sitting next to a snoring man on a 2.5 hour flight
2) Leaving my wallet on the plane and having to run back 6 months preggo through the airport to get it in time before my connecting flight took off!
3) Ruining my shirt 10 minutes before leaving for the movie screening! Always have a back up! :)
4) Only having 24 hours in L.A. :(
5) Circling around Grand Ave and never finding FIDM! Will have to wait till next time...
Ever have moments like these?!

Other than that, it was a smooth trip. I am very blessed to have had the opportunity to go! And it sure feels good to cross a resolution off the list! Happy Monday friends!


  1. what a fun trip! you look absolutely stunning! wish I looked like that when I was six months pregnant! cheers to you!

  2. i am going out to LA in a few weeks and i MUST try that louie bottega place, it looks amazing!!! and the fabric district, i must pay that a visit too!!!! :) looks like u had a grand time!!

  3. how fun! i loved LA...looks like you did too!

  4. sounds like you fit a lot into those 24 hours! now i'm itching to take a trip on the fly :)

  5. HA! i love Rodeo and i have been in that same LV. gush. it's a total trip though...and so beautiful. man, i miss CA. MARA is gorgeous. gush...again. glad to see you had a great trip even with minor mishaps. you look amazing at 6 months. i can pretty much guarantee i would not look so radiant. when i go to CA this summer i'm going to have to drive to LA just to check louie bottega. yum yum. what a great trip and thanks fir sharing it with us!

  6. SUCH a cute preggo momma you are!!! I def want to check out Louie Bottega!!! Looks AMAZING! :) Isnt Rodeo Drive just amazing?!

  7. ssw love that photo of you two ladies! two of my fave ladies together, that is a treat!

  8. You are so adorable pregnant!! Still stylish as ever! Love it! Glad you had fun!

  9. NEXT TIME we are meeting up :)

  10. sounds like a fun trip! That cafe looks oh so cute. And you look great! : )

  11. Look at you at Columbia Pictures, you look just so adorable!

    Happy Monday Darling! xo

    Oh, and have you checked out my $75 EmersonMade GIVEAWAY yet??

  12. Oh I reall I wish I could have joined you girls on the date! You look amazing prego by the way... should post pics of yourself more often ;)


  13. Oh my! Looks like you had such a fun time! You look adorable and I had no idea you were already 6 months pregnant!

  14. Sounds like a great trip and you two look great! I would have loved the fabric district! :)

  15. Love the high-low game! Such a fun whirlwind trip for you. Glad you got to see a movie premiere, those are much fun! Even if you didn't stay very long, all the more reason to go back! :) xo

    P.S. You and the bump look adorable.

  16. aw love you and mara - so that is such a sweet pic of you two pretty ladies!!!! so glad you guys got to hangout.

    your list of high-low made me smile. im just glad that it was a smooth trip overall! welcome back home. :)

  17. oh how neat that you got to meet mara! i look forward to the day when i am able to meet-up with some fellow bloggers!!

  18. Looks like fun!! PS. You are looking GREAT for six months preggers!! :)

  19. Hooray for such lovely spontaneous adventures!!!

  20. What a fun trip!!


  21. It's so awesome you were spontaneous and just flew to LA -- even if it was only for 24 hours. I seriously wish I got to do this more. Good for you, Anna! I would ask you what you have planned next, but I guess planning doesn't count as spontaneous, eh?

  22. it sounds like the positives are winners. what a great experience and fun time. bring us more pictures :)

  23. such cute photos! Love the blog!



  24. Such a great trip - and you are the lovliest mum to be with your sweet belly! Love these pix!

  25. i love macarons!
    And i am passing on to you the Stylish Blogger Award!
    See here:


  26. so fun! you are such a cutie! and I am soooo jealous of your hair!

  27. Hey I just stumbled upon your wonderful blog and it is gorgeous, really! I liked reading your post. have a happy stay in LA
    If you like pleasevisit my blog and follow me
    Keep your Style!
    xoxo Nini

  28. This comment has been removed by the author.

  29. Wow, how fun! Looks like a lovely trip!

    Laura in Ludwigsburg

  30. nice photos honey:)xxx

    http://inablondeworld.blogspot.com stop by sometime:)xx

  31. Hi there!
    I found your blog through Mara!
    You my dear are just TOO TOOOOO adorable
    and I look forward to reading your blog....like LOTS!


  32. Hi,
    I found you via Mara's blog. I love the pastry shots!


  33. It sounds like a really amazing trip!! And I bet it was very nice to escape the little small town for a while and see some sights! That whole counter of macarons looks AMAAAZING...those are my favorite. I am glad to hear that you had a (mostly) good time!


Love hearing from each of you. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts! <3

Pin It button on image hover