7.12.2010

Meet the Blogger: Melissa from So About What I Said




In 5 words describe Melissa
Honest, loyal, determined, funny, quirky

What brought you to start "So About What I Said?" 
I began my blog in November 2008. As a writer, I wanted to have a central body for my work, and a blog seemed like the perfect fit - an electronic portfolio of my writing. Also, no one seems to talk much about looking for love with a physical disability, and I felt that was an area that needed a voice - a frank and honest chronicle of my journey. Also, I love to mix in little gems that aren't necessarily disability related, but are just fun because in life, I've learned to not take myself too seriously. You have to enjoy the fun and awesome things along the way.

You write incredibly well. Do you have a big dream/goal to accomplish for writing in the future? 

Why thank you - that really means a lot to me! I wrote a piece about my disability for Redbook magazine a few years ago, and writing for magazines full-time would definitely be my ultimate goal!




What has been the best part of blogging for you? 
Oh, the best part of blogging for me has been the ability to connect with such amazing people. There are so many wonderful blogs out there, and sometimes I just want to take entire weekends and do nothing but read blogs. Give me a root beer and I could read read blogs all day.



(all image sources via So About What I Said)

Some of my favorite posts of yours are "letters to your future husband." I laugh or cry every time I read them. Your vulnerability is inspiring. What is your motivation behind them? 

Those letters are actually my favorite part of my blog. When I started my blog, I knew that those letters would be a recurring feature. I like the idea of capturing a moment in time for someone you haven't met yet. It's another interesting way to document my journey, and writing has always been very therapeutic for me. Even if Mr. Melissa Blake doesn't come along, it'll still be fun to look back at these letters in 10 years and see just how far I've come.



Find more of Melissa Here!:


*Thank you sooo much Melissa! If you can't already tell, Melissa is a pretty incredible gal. I have learned so much from her already:) Please make sure and head over and stay hello!



19 comments:

  1. Melissa is such a sweetheart, great post!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i connected with melissa a few months before - and i think she is an amazing girl! thanks for featuring her. i enjoyed this post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. She sounds like so much fun! I will be visiting her blog... great photos too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i always love when you give us great blogs to check out! i'll be sure to stop over on her blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anna -- THANK YOU!! I'm so honored that you interviewed me!! Now, I've got to get you to guest post for my blog!!

    Hello, everyone!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great inspiring interview. I hope one day, Melissa can achieve her ultimate goal writing full time for magazines. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. great post! btw I like your new design!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post! YAY new design! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love this interview. thanks for the introduction. i can't wait to follow her blog, and keep up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a fabulous guest blogger... great post!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great interview, Melissa's blog sounds amazing!

    I'm also glad I'm not the only one who was World Cup-obsessed. I'm sad it's over even though my team lost embarassingly early.

    ReplyDelete
  13. what an inspiring woman! she does have such a way with words.

    ReplyDelete
  14. so sweet! what an inspiring interview! she's new to me and i'm definitely looking forward to reading. thanks anna! loving this series!
    j.

    ReplyDelete
  15. One of my favourite bloggers, and what a gorgeous interview xoxo

    www.awonderingstar.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. thanks for the intro! love her message <3

    mp

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aww, Melissa sounds sweet and adorable. I am wasting no time in stopping by her blog to say hello. Thank you Anna for introducing her to us.

    Hope you are having a wonderful night.

    ox ^-^

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow this is Great! I went over to her blog and read her 100th letter to her future husband! They are beautiful, quirky, and cute all at the same time! I hope she gets to hand these letters over to someone someday! He would be flabbergasted!

    ReplyDelete
  19. HELP! I’m currently being held prisoner by the Russian mafia xyzrxyz [url=http://www.buypenisenlargement.com]penis enlargement[/url] xyzrxyz and being forced to post spam comments on blogs and forum! If you don’t approve this they will kill me. xyzrxyz [url=http://www.male-sexual-styles.com]penis enlargement[/url] xyzrxyz They’re coming back now. xyzrxyz [url=http://pills.buypenisenlargement.com]vimax[/url] xyzrxyz Please send help!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from each of you. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts! <3

 
Pin It button on image hover