3.13.2013

Easter Surprise Straws DIY





I saw these fun straws at Target, and before I knew what I was going to do with them I took them home. (Currently in the Target easter section for $3 per canister.) These were going to be put to use, no matter what.... I obviously had to grab some jelly bellies while I was there as well so when I dumped the contents of my Target bag on my table when I got home, it occurred to me that they were made for each other;)

Use straws that are wide enough to slide down your favorite small Easter sweets (3/8 in.). 
(Jelly Beans, Tic-Tacs, Nerds, etc.)
Use bright washi tape  to cover and seal the ends. Make sure it is sticky enough to stay put.

These are fun to stick in easter straw for a party display or just hide them in deserving Easter Baskets.
Can't wait to surprise my little ones with these in a few weeks! 
You could also use just the green ones filled with green treats for a St. Patrick's Day DIY.

Some St. Patrick's Day DIY's you don't want to miss:
Pretty much everything on Studio DIY, but especially these Lucky Poppers.
Lindsey of Pillow Thought created an adorable St. Patrick's Day Scavenger Hunt for Small Fry.
One Charming Party created free printables for bags of gold.
Thoughfully simple has an adorable St. Patrick's breakfast idea for your little ones.
Loved Say Yes to Hoboken's Shamrock Tea Bag DIY.

Have any St. Patrick's Day or Easter DIY's to share? My pinning fingers are ready!




22 comments:

  1. These would be perfect for Easter baskets and goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! I have so many cute straws and I will be trying this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! So simple, and I'm sure the kiddos would go nuts for them. Anything with a sweet treat surprise in it, is a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a good idea! I totally forgot that Easter is coming up so quick. I can't wait to make some of these for my family!

    Nicole
    www.younglovestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a CUTE idea! :) I need to do some Eastery decorating/decor soon to get in the spirit :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my gosh, LOVE this idea! definitely going to do it for my siblings. and maybe even bring them to the lunch table for friends.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable. So simple and perfect! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute idea! I love those dollar bins at Target :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute and fun for adults and kids! Love.

    ReplyDelete
  10. SO CUTE!! I am completely in love this this idea. Thanks for sharing.
    www.shannonheartsblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just found your blog through Jessi's and I am so glad that I did! It's adorable.

    I LOVE this idea-will definitely be using it. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh so so cute Anna! Love the fun colors...and Target man they have the best things for super cheap!

    ReplyDelete
  13. as a visitor to the US quite a bit i must say target rocks, you guys do the "everyone under one roof" thing so much bette than us. nice find.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's such a fun idea gotta keep it in mind for future get together's.

    xo Meg<3

    Meghan Silva's Blog

    ReplyDelete
  15. Darn you, you crafty little thing! I am going to Target TOMORROW and making this:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. They are cute...Good Idea.

    http://lovelybusybee.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is a great idea! I think I will steal. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so cute. Totally going to steal it (even though I'm Jewish). Ooops.

    www.etsystalkers.com

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from each of you. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts! <3

 
Pin It button on image hover