3.20.2013

Easter Dinner Series: Spice Rubbed Pork Tenderloin



The Easter Holiday is an extraordinary occasion to celebrate. Since we come from a big Catholic family, its one of the most significant days we celebrate out of the year, so it entails a big feast :) So I thought I would post on my Easter dinner menu and hope you can try some or all of these out for friends and family. We will start with the main dish....


Easter Main Dish: Spice Rubbed Pork Tenderloin



It is a special occasion meal that looks beautiful every time. Not only that, it is really simple and I always have all the ingredients on hand.  This can be used for any occasion...

Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2 lbs. pork tenderloin
1/2 cup of Catlina or French Dressing, divided
2 tsp. chili powder
2 tsp. garlic powder
1tsp. dry mustard

1tsp. paprika
1/2tsp. dried thyme leaves

2Tbsp. honey
Place pork tenderloin in a baking dish. (I usually put mine on a baking mat and on a baking sheet because it is 10times easier to clean)
Spread about 4 Tbs. of dressing over pork. Combine all spices and rub over the meat on both sides. Place in oven and bake for about 12 minutes. Meanwhile combine the 4Tbs. of dressing and 2Tbs. of honey. Brush over meat after 12 minutes and place back into oven for another 10 minutes or until interal temp is 145degrees. 
It will have a slightly charred look, but the meat will be very moist with incredible flavor, serves 8.
Recipe adapted from Kraft.
Stay tuned for Easter Sides and Desserts!
  

My Food Philosophy: Because the effort to make good food is a gift to those around me, it's happy memories, togetherness, the living part of life.



*Post by my sister, Maria. You can find the rest of her beautiful eats here.


23 comments:

  1. That does look amazing. We do a big party and serve ham, potato salad and baked beans. On Easter, for our family dinner, we serve lamb, couscous and asparagus. But I do pork a lot, so I will get back to the recipe. I'm sure of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That look so good and so easy to make!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't eat lamb, so we usually have pork tenderloin for Easter. I'll have to try this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This just made me so hungry, Yum! -Heidi http://fabricandfrosting.blogspot.no/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum. This looks like something even I can tackle! Haha. Seriously looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. this looks delish - and i really love your food philosophy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. hooooly mooooly -- I am so happy I'll be with Maria for Easter so I can taste this good lookin meal! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW this looks delicious. Thanks for sharing !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh love pork tenderloin and this one looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now I am officially hungry , that looks amazing .

    xo Meg<3

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks tasty and beautiful! Can't wait to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks so delicious! Easter dinner is one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for sharing. This looks amazing.


    If you get a sec, check out my latest post 'Bold in Blue'.

    XO
    Sofia

    stylishlyinlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. It look so amazing !!! i love it so Delicious dish
    statistics homework

    ReplyDelete
  15. This looks amazing!!! And I have yet to figure out what we are making for Easter dinner...hmmm...this is now a contender! XO Brynn

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my gosh! That looks so delicious! I'm so happy that I found your blog through the fun giveaway! I'm now following you on bloglovin':)
    xoAmy
    www.dreamingincashmere.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! Yummy! And seems easy enough! (It's all about the presentation;) Any ham recipes/dinners on the Easter series line-up? I've got a whole ham that's been in the freezer since we received it as a Christmas gift! ha!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from each of you. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts! <3

 
Pin It button on image hover