10.02.2012

Pattern Play: Monochromatic Mixing


Yellows: 1, 2, 3
Grey Blues: 1, 2, 3
Black and Whites: 1, 2, 3


As you can tell by my recent outfit posts, I love to mix patterns;) This carries over in the home as well. I am currently piecing together our living room and bedroom by mix matching monochromatic pattern pieces. I was excited to discover allmodern.com had pattern options galore in some of my favorite designers as well. We have a few Dwell Studio pieces to start with (ie: the striped throw and rug above), and I can't wait to complete the rooms. It takes patience...one piece at a time:) 

When it comes to your house, its all about making it feel like a home, right? As with fashion, style is objective these days. You can mix patterns in so many ways. I throw in some solid pieces here and there for balance but I am always drawn first to pattern and color.

What about you? What is your pattern play method?


P.S. The winner is announced for the Angel Wings Accessory Giveaway here!


*This is a sponsored post which is 100% my own opinion

12 comments:

  1. I'm totally with you -- mixing patterns is my fave! Loving the black and white set. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been so in to the pattern mixing these days as well. I need more practice, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love mixing patterns! It's so fun and eclectic looking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely loving this mix as well-- greys and yellows are a current color combo favorite of mine as well.
    -Annie
    (www.livesimplybyannie.com)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love mixing patterns...but, yes, there is definitely an art to it! And, girl...you have got it down {to a T!}!!! Such a great post :) XO brynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the yellow inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. grey blues for me, big fan of mixing patterns

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute! Loving the 1st mix and match!

    xx
    Giovanna
    www.oliveandanarrow.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love gray and yellow together! and gray generally looks good with any color!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from each of you. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts! <3

 
Pin It button on image hover