5.31.2012

DIY Fabric Flower Corsages and Poufs


When I was running my accessory business, I made all types of flower blooms, poufs, and corsages. There are so many ways to make them, and so many types you can make. I always adapt Martha's DIY for these. (She even has a template you can download.) Add these to a one-sleeve dress, put a couple underneath your top bun, or even attach to an elastic band and wear around your wrist!

Instructions and photos after the jump!


Supplies:

Sheer fabric
Needle
Thread
Pin back, comb, or bobby pins

Instructions:
Fold over your fabric the length you want your petals. 
Follow by folding doubled fabric in quarter lengths. 
Cut through your fabric to make the shape of petals you prefer (pointy tips for the dhalia look, round for  an azalea look). Cut side by side without cutting all the way through the top.
Thread and knot your needle.
Keep the strand of petals folded over and begin to roll on one end. Weave the needle through to secure. 
Continue to wrap the petal strand around the center, securing with your stitching. 
Once you have stitched together your flower, secure your pin or comb to the back of the flower by stitching around the top. 
Total time: approx. 15 min.
Total cost: Cost of fabric!


{Update: Tee: H&M, Shorts, F21, Necklace: c/o Macaroy Kangaroo, Watch: Aldo, Bracelet: c/o Loren Hope}

You will be surprised how simple they are to make. 
These could be used on a bridal party, or if you are attending a wedding.
Hope this comes in handy for you! Enjoy!






38 comments:

  1. Adorable::both you and the flowers!! This would be such a great gift to give to a bridal party or to make together...love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute idea! I'll have to share this with my crafty sis. Right now she's make me poms for the lady bean's nursery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! I always use Martha's template too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how the bright pink pops against your cute outfit! I saved this DIY but I haven't tried it yet.

    Rowena @ rolala loves

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! Totally adds the perfect "pop" to your outfit :)

    xxx
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are beautiful!! Thanks for sharing!! I so need to make a few or 10!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute and bright! Perfect for summer :).

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute and bright! Perfect for summer :).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! This is inspired! Thank you for sharing the tutorial!

    xx
    Donyel


    with love from Mademoiselle Meese

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this little flower - and it looks so easy to make! Thanks for sharing, Anna!

    ReplyDelete
  11. SUPER cute! I just made something similar for a pair of pumps I needed to jazz up for a trip in June. :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anna, you are so adorable.
    I love your outfit!
    Thanks for the diy! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are too cute! What a cute idea.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super, Anna! Love the flowers and the mix of yellow and pink, just makes me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this!! so cute... I love the idea for your hair!

    Sara
    http://seventwentysomethings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anna, I just adore this! And the whole outfit is just perfection. I think Alice could totally rock something like this too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this DIY! I have so many of these little flower poufs... now I can make my own ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great idea...adds a little flare and color to any outfit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very cute!! I love the sheer flower look right now.

    ReplyDelete
  20. You always look so cute Anna! Lovely DIY x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love! :) :)
    Love your yellow shorts too! :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love it -- easy and cute too. Bright pink is a great color on you. Pinning your DIY to Pinterest!

    ReplyDelete
  23. ADORABLE! What a great way to add some flair to any outfit. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love these! And I love the fun bright pink you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lady you are adorable. I'm so glad you posted this. My sister gave me one in my last birthday package, and it's just been sitting on my dresser because I wasn't really sure what to do with it/ how to wear it/ if I should. You've inspired me to pin one on!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such a fun pop of color! I love this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love this! I made one similar with silk for my halloween costume last year but I love the chiffon!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I've been dying to buy a ban.do flower but this is so much easier {and cheaper!}. Love this DIY!

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is stunning, Anna!! Oh my word I'm in love with this DIY and can't WAIT to try it! I've done the thicker fabric flowers and love them, but I've been wanting to try the chiffon look :) Amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  30. so easy and cute!! btw i love those yellow shorts! have a great weekend Anna!

    ReplyDelete
  31. seriously, i am obsessed with all your DIY's!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love how pretty and light these are! I'm going to have to make myself some this summer. Thanks for another great DIY!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Anna this is so so cute! And I love your outfit so much ;)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love your DIY posts - this is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  35. great post and you are darling as usual!!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from each of you. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts! <3

 
Pin It button on image hover