4.16.2012

True Beauty Files: Styling Mint 3 ways


I have a fun mix up for today's lookbook post:) I teamed up with Kristen and Carly to bring you three different ways to style Mint this season...

I thought it would be fun to pair seafoam and mint since they compliment each other so well - a great monochromatic look. I added a punch of orange to complete the look, because as you can see in Friday's post, I love the pairing of mint and tangerine;)
{Top: HM, Tank: F21, Pants: LOFT (similar here or here), Tote: HM, Shoes: HM (similar), Necklace, HM, Bracelets: DIY, made by me, Sunglasses: UO}

Every season there are a few colors that I gravitate towards and one of them for Spring 2012 is most definitely "Mint"!   I personally think it looks sensational and unexpected when paired with black but also adore it paired with a soft palette of cream, khaki or white.  When a piece/color can be that versatile, it is a win win in my fashion book!  Hope this inspires you to find something "mint" for your Spring wardrobe. Happy Shopping!

I know the color of the year is Tangerine Tango and as much as I love it, I've been even more obsessed with a certain pastel hue. I've been on the hunt for mint pieces to add to my wardrobe for weeks and weeks. Unfortunately, a rather BIG baby bump prevented me from indulging in my mint obsession, until I came across this gorgeous statement necklace. It pops against my plain black maxi and I can see it working with more neutral hues, as well as prints. Score!

Be sure to check out Thirty Something Fashion and BonBon Rose Girls to see their full post!
(Both these mamas have babies on the way and are beautiful, aren't they??)

34 comments:

  1. This was so fun! And you look amazing...Love seafoam and mint together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post! I can't get enough of mint green :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anna you look beautiful, glowing!!

    I love the fresh pastels like mint this season, the colors are more saturated!!

    I have a $100 Gift Card Giveaway from Soft Surroundings if you would like to enter!!

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the mint and tangerine together! I always have troubles buying mint/bluish tops because I never know how to pair them with jeans. I guess it's about time I get some white skinny's to solve that problem! Very cute outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so obsessed with mint these days! It's just such a fun, fresh color!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The bright orange bag is the perfect touch to this outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this idea of different outfits based on the same idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh all of the looks are so great. Mint is great for spring. It just looks and feels so light and fresh!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love mint too. It really has become my favorite color.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah! I love this outfit... its so summerish... makes me happy!

    Sara :)
    http://seventwentysomethings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love all you girls takes on mint! That mint necklace carly is wearing is SO pretty! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am liking this color more and more. I'm going to have to buy something mint :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love how each look packs a different minty punch!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this post! You all look beautiful!

    I'm a huge mint fan and absolutely love the idea of mixing it with seafoam.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have always loved mint paired with tangerine/or coral! Such a great outfit, and such an inspirational post!

    molly
    http://alwaysamrsforeverakidd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful! I'm obsessed with mint this season. I love it with the seafoam and also the coral.

    http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. love the light color! you fit perfectly in everything. :-)

    http://jamwordscrolls.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. All three of you look gorgeous in mint! And you're right about the seafoam-mint combination--they do go together beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  19. AMAZING.

    I want those shoes(but I would be 7 feet tall!).

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very beautiful mamas!! And yes i couldn't agree more Mint is a fabulous color this season to pair up with just about anything:) P.S. Thanks Anna for your comment:))

    ReplyDelete
  21. oh my gosh! i got that exact same orange bag last week. LOVE.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm seriously loving this post!! The three of you look stunning - happy glow all around :) Mint does the body good and is refreshingly gorgeous. xo

    ReplyDelete
  23. You are great!

    Amazing blog!
    Do you like my blog?
    http://thechicdream.blogspot.com/

    Follow each other?
    Kisses xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. mint is so light it's almost a neutral. you wear it well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Seafoam and mint are so close in the color family that I basically use the words interchangeably, but when you pair them like this, I can totally see the difference - I love a good monochromatic look, like this one.

    I'm having a GIVEAWAY - drop by :)
    xx
    The Fashionable ESQ
    http://www.thefashionableesq.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  26. MINT! i seriously have got to jump on the bandwagon with this one. i love your outfit. you always pull everything together so nicely. classy lady. i suppose that's why i love this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Super cute looks! Loving the mint blazer!

    xx
    Giovanna
    www.oliveandanarrow.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. loving these mamas-to-be!!!

    Paula xx

    http://www.treschicmama.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Very Nice! Minty color is suiting on you.You are looking very fresh and cute. Indeed, great looks..love this post!
    mont bleu

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from each of you. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts! <3

 
Pin It button on image hover