4.19.2012

DIY: Leather Fringe Tiered Necklace




Here is very easy level DIY that is a perfect summer accessory to go along with your tees or dresses:)
These would also go well with the leather bolted bracelets DIY!

Supplies:
Leather swatch samples 
(got mine from my MIL's old sample collection-she is an interior designer)
Chain
Jump rings
Lobster Clasps
(find these in at a craft store or etsy!)

Instructions:
1) On one side of your leather piece, pre-draw your angled shape. 
Leave enough room on the top to fold over the chain later.
2) Cut out your shape and continue to cut slits along the diagonal sides of your shape (about 1/8 in.) at different lengths.
3. Measure out your chain and attach the jumprings and lobster clasp with a pliers.
4. Turn your piece over, and add liquid stitch (my best friend) along the top edge and fold over the chain at the bottom middle section. Let dry.

You can make your chains different lengths for a tiered necklace look! If you can get your leather swatches from an interior design friend, than the total cost is only the cost of your chain and attachments. Have fun:)



27 comments:

  1. Again with the DIY! Love them all... I need to fly you out to Boston and take you to AC Moore or something, and you can let me know everything to buy! :)

    Love this one a lot! Definitely doing this!

    Sara :)
    http://seventwentysomethings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously Anna, you gotta stop it with all these great ideas. I keep book marking them and not doing them. I'm holding you responsible ...if not for my procrastination...then definitely for my guilt. ;)

    xoxo
    ~Natasha Fatah~
    ~Natasha Fatah~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh Anna. Love the layering effect on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhh I love this so so much! I say this with every diy..but I really think this is one of my favorite ones to date! Pinning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute DIY! I'm going to have to try it out!

    xx
    Giovanna
    www.oliveandanarrow.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your DIYs! These would be cute earrings too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so creative! Love this. Really beautiful.

    http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun necklace. Thanks for sharing!
    Valerie
    Everyday Inspired

    ReplyDelete
  9. Girl, you never cease to amaze me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. SO creative and funky for summer! You never seize to amaze me with your innovative diy jewelry pieces.

    molly
    http://alwaysamrsforeverakidd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh! Adorable! WHY didn't I think of this? Thanks for the inspiration, Anna. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. you are so creative! beautiful work! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is amazing! Found your blog through Eileen's series and I'm a new follower :) Hope you'll head over my way! x

    Champagne Lifestyle on a Beer Budget

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE IT. This is extremely gorgeous and creative. Thanks so much for sharing.

    New Follower.
    http://myminibag.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I missed visiting you! Your DIYs are always jaw-dropping :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Super cute! I'd wear all three together. :)

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from each of you. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts! <3

 
Pin It button on image hover