3.31.2012

IHOD Updates: Motherhood & Coffee, Mobile App, Design Services, etc.


(photo via my instagram)

Motherhood over Coffee Saturdays:
I have been thinking a lot lately how I wish I could talk to so many of you over coffee:) So many mamas out there have been a source of inspiration and encouragement for me. I was chatting with Amy via twitter and realized that sometimes its easy to have an illusion that bloggers have a perfect life. This may be my creative corner that I keep pretty and lovely, but believe me, there are days when my kid is the crazy one running down the grocery isle at full speed yelling at the top of his lungs. I have days when I question whether or not I am a good mother...days where I am tired, don't feel like cooking dinner, or folding that basket of laundry, and I need encouragement. I know every mom feels like they want to be everything and fall short. That is why I want to start a Saturday series - Motherhood & Coffee (send me some name suggestions!), where I will have guests, talk about real life issues and hear from you what you think. How does that sound?




IHOD MOBILE APP:
A few of my readers have let me know that its difficult to view IHOD on their iphones. Well, there is actually a way you can now download an IHOD app for your phone! My lovely family tested it and have informed me it will tell you if there are any blog updates, which makes it a simple way to keep up! My sister just googled IHOD on her phone and found the app to download. I would give you better instructions if I had an iphone or droid myself! I believe you can also find it through Mippin: http://mippin.com/app/inhonorofdesign.blogspot.com and select the kind of device you are downloading for! Let me know if you have any problems! 
Design Services Update:
I recently announced that I will be opening some time for Design Services. Due to working with some exciting new clients, I have not officially opened for business. However, I wanted to give you a preview of some of the services I will be offering including Custom About Pages for your blog, Welcome pages for your Blog or Business Facebook Profile, logo and branding packages, Blog elements, etc. I will not be doing any website coding (no time or patience;) and will offer good references for those. If you would like to be the first to sign up for services please email me for rates!

IHOD APRIL SPONSORSHIP:
Last but not least, I have a few spots coming open for April at affordable rates if you would like to advertise your blog or business with IHOD! (All first time sponsors get $5 off their total.) Sponsorship allows me to continue to put in the time it takes  to run this blog!

Thanks again for being such wonderful readers. You all make me smile on a daily basis:) 

27 comments:

  1. LOVE the idea of motherhood and coffee..and completely agree...we take a small piece of our lives and expose it...usually highlighting the best and most positive. I DEF have fashion fails that don't make it to the blog...and as fashionable as I may seem in most posts, I have days that I don't get out of my pajamas!
    Hope you have a great weekend:) C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the idea of a saturday chat! ;) Raising a family here in Senegal has been ridiculously challenging but I try to make it look fun and pretty! Hope you are your lovely family are having a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that is a fantastic idea...its good to hear about other mothers struggling some days, etc...even if in blog world their lives appear to be perfect.

    Its so easy to think that you're the only one sometimes.

    Congrats on your design biz ;).

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for visiting my blog and your blog and website are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes to Motherhood & Coffee, please :) Great idea. You are brilliant and REAL.

    XO
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the motherhood and coffee series!!! I'd love to be part of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm loving all of these ideas! The motherhood series will be fun to read, as I hope and pray to have a family some day, too! I would definitely be interested in a facebook welcome page...how fun! You are awesome and inspiring, friend xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello - I'm visiting from Redheaded Daybook blog! I love your layout and the overall feel of your blog. You are a very talented graphic designer!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love the idea to have motherhood over coffee saturdays. im not a mommy but i can totally relate to the need encouragement when i dont feel like making dinner or folding laundry. love the idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE the motherhood series idea- such a great idea and I would totally love to read/participate !!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anna!!!! Yes!! This feature sounds amazing, especially to someone who is a first time mama (soon) and will love to hear real words of encouragement and comraderie.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm having probs with that link on my iPad. It's taking me to the main site and not to your exact link. Even when I copy and paste the link in. Weird! I want the IHOD app!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous idea! I look forward to participating-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loved this post Anna. you're such a gem.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your new series, looking forward to read/ participate in it.

    Have a good weekend, Anna!

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. You have your own app!? How cool is that?? Motherhood guest sounds great. I'll bookmark them for my child prep!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the idea of your new series! I can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. that sounds like a horrible idea, as usual Anna.

    kid
    ding.

    4/1 joke.

    (rock chalk :))

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOVE this idea! Im all in :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  21. woaw anna how amazing is that!!!! i am still a pc follower, i don´t handle blogstuff through the phone yet, but congrats! it s awesome! :D

    ReplyDelete
  22. I've been trying to get a new tradition going on FB for 'Virtual Coffee Date Thursdays" with everyone :) I think this is an EXCELLENT idea and you're a wonderful Mother. Don't ever forget that! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the idea of the Saturday series! We all have days that things don't go the way we want or think they should and could use that encouragement. I know you are a great mama Anna! Have a great week!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. What an awesome idea and I would love to be a guest on the topic. We are all a work in prgress and it's nice to know that we are all in it together as mothers.. Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I am so so happy for all your achievement Anna, and an iphone app??? wow fancy ;0) I love the Motherhood over Coffee Saturdays! Let me know if you need help, would love to be part of.

    ReplyDelete
  26. LOVE the Motherhood and coffee idea! My baby is 13 and it's still a struggle, just different now. Looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  27. motherhood and coffee sounds great - can't wait to keep up with other's real lives.
    and congrats on so many exciting news pretty lady !!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from each of you. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts! <3

 
Pin It button on image hover