I was at my local grocery story Publix, and they always have these friendly sweet southern ladies cooking up something good for you to sample. I was in there to get peanut butter and bread, and came out with a basketful of ingredients to make this dish.
Its dangerous in there I tell you.
The moment I tasted this I knew I had to make it to share with my husband, and then with all of you, so here is my adapted version:) I will say, this is a recipe for risk takers;)
1 red pepper
2/3 cup cilantro (coarsely chopped)
1 Ib. pork tenderloin
1/2 cup diced red onions
1/4 cup canola oil
2 Tbls. paprika
1 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
1 Tbls. minced garlic
1 Tbls. Tomato paste
1 Tbls. water
2 naan flat breads (regular or garlic flavor)
1/2 tsp. salt (I always use sea salt for good flavor)
1/2 tsp. pepper
And wait for it....
6-8 oz. Key Lime Yogurt
(I know, sounds completely absurd but I promise it ties everything together magicly.
Now don't make the same mistake I did and get whipped yogurt. argh.)
1. Place red peppers, cilantro, onions, oil, paprika, cumin, garlic, tomato paste, and water into food processor or blender, and blend until smooth.
2. Preheat large saute pan on medium-high with a few tbls. of oil. Cut your pork into small pieces.
3. Place the pork in pan, season with salt and pepper, and saute until cooked through.
4. Reduce heat to low and add sauce; cook 1-2 minutes until warmed.
5. While that meat and sauce is warming pre-heat another skillet to warm your naan bread.
6. Cut your flat bread into fours on plates. Tope with meat and sauce mixture.
7. Drizzle yogurt on top of the meat and garnish with cilantro (optional of course).
Its fun to bring in a mediterranean inspired meal and give your tastebuds something new to try. Hope you enjoy!