I like to call my good friends and family "gems" because they are hard to come by, and they are of much value:) I thought this was a fun way to let them know...
Materials:
Cream and Red cardstock (linen is a nice touch)
Super Glue
Flatpost Earring Findings
Rhinestones (8-10 mm)
Mini Envelopes (find some here.)
Ribbon (I used a canvas ribbon)
Letter stamps and pad (optional)
Instructions:
1. Attach rhinestones to flat base earring using super glue or jewelry glue. Let dry for at least a few minutes.
2. Stamp or write your words on the cardstock. "You are a gem." or "Gem of a friend." Cut the phrase out.
3. Cut flag bunting shapes out of your red cardstock.
4. Glue the phrase to the flag shape and insert a pair rhinestone earrings on the ends.
5. Insert into mini envelope packages and tie with ribbon!
*You can purchase sterling silver earring bases and real rhinestones to upgrade the quality and for friends with metal sensitivities!*
Hope this helps with Valentine's Day ideas for you. Who said Valentine's are just for lovers? ;)
Happy day!
UPDATE: Another option is to buy a pack of rhinestone earring sets to use instead of making your own.(I found a good size pack at H&M for 6$)


















These are really cute, Anna. Super original, and I wouldn't mind getting a pair of rhinestone (or diamond...just sayin...) earrings! ;)
ReplyDeleteSo cute!! I have those little rubber stamps... love them :)
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to try this for my family and friends.
ReplyDeletexoxo, Jjanga
www.sayhelloandsmile.blogspot.com
This is so cute! My daughter would love to help with this one!
ReplyDeletethese are so cute!! i love them!
ReplyDeletedrop by allister bee soon!
What a great little greeting!
ReplyDeleteI just voted for you dear - good luck!
xoxo,
Chic 'n Cheap Living
Such a cute valentine gift idea!
ReplyDeleteVery cute idea. I used to have letter stamps till three little girls got their hands on them.
ReplyDeleteSuch a fun, easy idea. Thanks for sharing Anna!
ReplyDeleteCute idea!
ReplyDeleteThis is the cutest DIY! Perfect for all of my sisters and most favorite lovely ladies :)
ReplyDeletesuch a cute diy Anna!!! and thanks for the links to the envelope! I might get the yellow one for k's party! :D
ReplyDeletegreat, great idea!
ReplyDeletecan i vote more than once for you?
cheers.
These are so cute!! I love this!!
ReplyDeleteThese are so sweet and I adore the mini chevron envelopes!
ReplyDeleteJust voted for you :)
New Follower :) Very cute idea.
ReplyDeleteYou are just the most creative ever! Love this idea!! I'm sure they think of you as quite a gem too :)
ReplyDeleteSuper cute. You ARE a gem! ;)
ReplyDeleteSo cute. This is so funny...I went to the craft store last weekend and came home with cute valentine paper and little brads for little v-day cards! I'm photographing the project this weekend and sharing next week so just know I didn't even know you were doing this :) hehe. Great minds think alike!! Of course I'm loving the red chevron. Perfection.
ReplyDeletethese are so adorable!
ReplyDeleteThis is a super cute gift Anna! :)
ReplyDeleteLove that! Yes, friends and family should definitely be Valentines!
ReplyDeletesuch a cute DIY! love it!
ReplyDeleteThis is such a cute idea! Love it!!
ReplyDeleteThese are ADORABLE! You amaze me girl!
ReplyDeleteHow clever and sweet. What a charming gift!
ReplyDeleteAwww! This is a very pretty! I love this idea! What a creative and thoughtful idea!
ReplyDeleteWhat a cute idea, Anna! Just started reading your blog and I absolutely love it! So much inspiration as I'm scrolling through your posts! (That lasagna soup looks amazing!) Now I'm wondering what's taken me so long to check it out! :) ~Laura Olman
ReplyDeleteCute! This might be my favorite v-day DIY yet! How am I going to choose which one to do - they're all so adorable :)
ReplyDeletexxx
Jenna
awww, that's a sweet idea. you're right, they're all gems.
ReplyDeleteAs usual, the cutuest DIY!!!
ReplyDeleteLooooove!
ReplyDeleteThis is ADORABLE!!! What a brilliant idea, love it!
ReplyDeleteThese are the cutest ever! Voting for you now. Good luck, I think you're the best :)
ReplyDeleteThis is such a lovely idea - I value my friends as much as my hubby, so it's nice to give them a little something too in this month of love!
ReplyDeleteEmma xx
Awesome DIY! I'm in love with DIY vday gifts.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.lyzhang.com
I CAN NOT WAIT TO MAKE THESE ! THANK YOU ! <3
ReplyDeleteSuch an adorable idea!!!!
ReplyDelete- Sara @ Gameday Stylist
Those bags are so lovely. Great find!
ReplyDeleteSuch a cute valentine gift!! and the red chevron baggies are fabulous!
ReplyDelete