2.02.2012

DIY: "You are a Gem" Valentines

I like to call my good friends and family "gems" because they are hard to come by, and they are of much value:) I thought this was a fun way to let them know...

Materials:
Cream and Red cardstock (linen is a nice touch)
Super Glue
Flatpost Earring Findings
Rhinestones (8-10 mm)
Mini Envelopes (find some here.)
Ribbon (I used a canvas ribbon)
Letter stamps and pad (optional)
Instructions:
1. Attach rhinestones to flat base earring using super glue or jewelry glue. Let dry for at least a few minutes.
2. Stamp or write your words on the cardstock. "You are a gem." or "Gem of a friend." Cut the phrase out.
3. Cut flag bunting shapes out of your red cardstock.

4. Glue the phrase to the flag shape and insert a pair rhinestone earrings on the ends.
5. Insert into mini envelope packages and tie with ribbon!
*You can purchase sterling silver earring bases and real rhinestones to upgrade the quality and for friends with metal sensitivities!*

Hope this helps with Valentine's Day ideas for you. Who said Valentine's are just for lovers? ;)
Happy day!

UPDATE: Another option is to buy a pack of rhinestone earring sets to use instead of making your own.(I found a good size pack at H&M for 6$)

40 comments:

  1. These are really cute, Anna. Super original, and I wouldn't mind getting a pair of rhinestone (or diamond...just sayin...) earrings! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!! I have those little rubber stamps... love them :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to try this for my family and friends.

    xoxo, Jjanga
    www.sayhelloandsmile.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute! My daughter would love to help with this one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. these are so cute!! i love them!

    drop by allister bee soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great little greeting!

    I just voted for you dear - good luck!

    xoxo,
    Chic 'n Cheap Living

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute idea. I used to have letter stamps till three little girls got their hands on them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a fun, easy idea. Thanks for sharing Anna!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is the cutest DIY! Perfect for all of my sisters and most favorite lovely ladies :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. such a cute diy Anna!!! and thanks for the links to the envelope! I might get the yellow one for k's party! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. great, great idea!

    can i vote more than once for you?

    cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are so sweet and I adore the mini chevron envelopes!

    Just voted for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. New Follower :) Very cute idea.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are just the most creative ever! Love this idea!! I'm sure they think of you as quite a gem too :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. So cute. This is so funny...I went to the craft store last weekend and came home with cute valentine paper and little brads for little v-day cards! I'm photographing the project this weekend and sharing next week so just know I didn't even know you were doing this :) hehe. Great minds think alike!! Of course I'm loving the red chevron. Perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a super cute gift Anna! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love that! Yes, friends and family should definitely be Valentines!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is such a cute idea! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are ADORABLE! You amaze me girl!

    ReplyDelete
  20. How clever and sweet. What a charming gift!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awww! This is a very pretty! I love this idea! What a creative and thoughtful idea!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a cute idea, Anna! Just started reading your blog and I absolutely love it! So much inspiration as I'm scrolling through your posts! (That lasagna soup looks amazing!) Now I'm wondering what's taken me so long to check it out! :) ~Laura Olman

    ReplyDelete
  23. Cute! This might be my favorite v-day DIY yet! How am I going to choose which one to do - they're all so adorable :)

    xxx
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  24. awww, that's a sweet idea. you're right, they're all gems.

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is ADORABLE!!! What a brilliant idea, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  26. These are the cutest ever! Voting for you now. Good luck, I think you're the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is such a lovely idea - I value my friends as much as my hubby, so it's nice to give them a little something too in this month of love!

    Emma xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Awesome DIY! I'm in love with DIY vday gifts.

    http://www.lyzhang.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. I CAN NOT WAIT TO MAKE THESE ! THANK YOU ! <3

    ReplyDelete
  30. Such an adorable idea!!!!

    - Sara @ Gameday Stylist

    ReplyDelete
  31. Those bags are so lovely. Great find!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Such a cute valentine gift!! and the red chevron baggies are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from each of you. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts! <3

 
Pin It button on image hover