I like to call my good friends and family "gems" because they are hard to come by, and they are of much value:) I thought this was a fun way to let them know...
Cream and Red cardstock (linen is a nice touch)
Flatpost Earring Findings
Rhinestones (8-10 mm)
Mini Envelopes (find some here.)
Ribbon (I used a canvas ribbon)
Letter stamps and pad (optional)
1. Attach rhinestones to flat base earring using super glue or jewelry glue. Let dry for at least a few minutes.
2. Stamp or write your words on the cardstock. "You are a gem." or "Gem of a friend." Cut the phrase out.
3. Cut flag bunting shapes out of your red cardstock.
4. Glue the phrase to the flag shape and insert a pair rhinestone earrings on the ends.
5. Insert into mini envelope packages and tie with ribbon!
*You can purchase sterling silver earring bases and real rhinestones to upgrade the quality and for friends with metal sensitivities!*
Hope this helps with Valentine's Day ideas for you. Who said Valentine's are just for lovers? ;)
UPDATE: Another option is to buy a pack of rhinestone earring sets to use instead of making your own.(I found a good size pack at H&M for 6$)