11.29.2011

Photoshoot: A Fall Tablescape Collaboration

Please welcome my friend Erica Taylor of Tinsel & Twine as she shares with us the most exquisite fall brunch scene. The styling and photography is so fresh and captivating, don't you think??
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 

For this photoshoot, we planned to create two vignettes that reflected the warm tones of Fall, but without using the traditional combination of burnt reds, oranges, and browns. Instead, we picked a more modern palette of charcoal and cream accented with glints of gold.

Our first set-up is a very sweet breakfast in bed. Imagine waking up on a gloriously lazy Sunday morning. And although the weather is beginning to turn chilly, the sun is shining and you've got your love to keep you warm. That, and a sweet surprise from your Honey: pumpkin spiced donuts, fresh flowers, and a little love note! What could be cozier?

The second scene is a table set for a spiced cider and donut brunch with your closest friends. Circular design elements are carried through a collection of dotted vases, speckled menus, a dramatic gilded hanging wreath of hand-crafted paper petals, a cylindrical cakestand, and -- of course -- carefully architected pyramids of donuts and pastry puffs. So many details to take in make this a truly delicious feast for friends!

Collaborating Team

Concept, Styling, and Floral Design Tied Together By:  Tinsel & Twine

Photography and Styling By:  You Go, I Go, We Go Photography
Donuts Lovingly Baked By:  Allison Mingus
Screen-printed Pillowcases Created By:  I Am Dorkas

30 comments:

  1. The table set for brunch is such a classic, and definitely my favorite. So many great textures going on too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hanging wreath is insane! So amazing! Bizarre question -- can you tell me where the tray came from? I'm kind of obsessing over it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the muted neutrals on the white backdrop with splashes of gold, so perfect! This would be an absolute dream!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holyy moly I love this so much! I NEED to serve some similar to someone asap! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I especially love the breakfast in bed...that looks like the perfect way to start the day! Xo, Katie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the color palette and who wouldn't want to have a delicious doughnut in bed :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous photos! I love the slate and the gold instead of the traditional fall colors. Breakfast in bed sounds glorious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous!
    fashiontruffles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the lovely comments, everyone. And, of course, thanks to Anna for sharing!

    Cheers - erica @ tinseltwine.com

    P.S. Dear Amanda, the tray was a great find at TJ Maxx. I wish I remembered the brand!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a GREAT brunch scene! I would love to wake up to that! :)

    http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow!! This is beautiful! I love all the different layouts and of course the donuts. Yum yum!! I've got a simple recipe for baked cinnamon apple chips!!! Perfect for entertaining! Maybe the kiddos will like :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is so lovely, want to try it now :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. DOUGHNUT TREE!! I want it! I want this whole set up actually. Beautiful tones and layout. Just lovely. And the doughnut tree, I'm serious.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I want an invite to this brunch! It seems like whites + height = swank and fun presentation. The flowers, duvet and placement look wonderfully soft and do give some inviting textures. Thanks for sharing this.

    Cheers,
    Lauren
    www.thefabulousmission.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is just wonderful - the colours are gorgeous! X

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my goodness, this is just gorgeous! Y'all gave me some great ideas for my honey's upcoming birthday. Someone is getting donuts in bed. :) The colors are so lovely. Well done, team!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Honestly you had me at the doughnuts. It's beautiful, every simple and classy aspect.

    ReplyDelete
  18. it's beautiful; everything about these photos is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  19. that is gorgeous!! I can take my eyes off that doughnut tower.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! This is just stunning! Great inspiration!

    XOXO
    Shels
    http://followyourbliss4ever.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. So beautiful!! I want that breakfast in bed!! Just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely pictures! I'm not even a fan of doughnuts but want to wake up in that setting! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love all of the stark white! Very pretty

    ReplyDelete
  24. The donut tower - or tree is great for kids - and it looks good too!

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is beautiful! I love the idea of a donut brunch

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love all these pictures! they are amazing and they make me feel so calm :) great ideas

    follow me :)
    www.amazinglybe-au-tiful.blogspot.com

    xox,
    Isa

    ReplyDelete
  27. Ok I won't settle til I've had pumpkin spiced donuts in bed. The shots are perfectly styled, love the puddin cup!

    xx Cristina

    ReplyDelete
  28. So pretty! I could get married at that brunch ;)

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from each of you. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts! <3

 
Pin It button on image hover