10.04.2011

House to Home: A Glamorous Little Pumpkin

Slowly working on our Fall Home Decorations. Inspired by this adorable DIY, I decided to make a larger glittery pumpkin to add to our mix of pumpkins. Its a pretty simple DIY!


Supplies (found all of mine at Michaels):
Styrofoam Pumpkin
Gold Spray Paint
Gold Glitter Glue
Gold Hued Raffia
Paint Brush
Clear Tape

Instructions:
1) Spray paint your pumpkin gold (on newspaper of course)
2) Use your paintbrush to spread the glitter glue around your pumpkin. Let Dry

3) Tape an end of the gold raffia to the bottom of the pumpkin. Start weaving around the pumpkin over the creases and turn clockwise as you go. When you have made it all the way around, cut the end and tape to the bottom of the pumpkin.
4) Clip some extra pieces of raffia to weave through the top and around the stem to make a bow. I added a few extra straight ties as well.
Set it with some other styrofoam or real pumpkins on some burlap fabric for a great table setting! Hope you enjoy! Happy Tuesday!

P.S. I have a winner for the Fabric and Handle Giveaway!!....
Congratulations #86 - Ashley!! Will contact you for details!!

38 comments:

  1. Super cute! I've been wanting to glitter-fy a pumpkin! That rafia is such a great touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is adorable! what a fantastic idea. cheers.

    (yes, natalie is pretty awesome!:)

    cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this Anna!! I still need to get my fall decorations up..haha I am the worst procrastinator ever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. whoa - that is one cool pumpkin! and with my gold obsession, i need one of those in my studio!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pumpkin!
    There is so much you can do with pumpkinds...its hard to decide what I actually want to do!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a DIY I might be able to handle! :) I barely have any fall decorations up yet so this might have to be included!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ohh very pretty! i love pumpkins :) i have like 12 around the house so far

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh... it's so pretty and so easy to make! :D

    p.s I'm new to your blog and you've just got a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is such a glamorous pumpkin! I love the white one too. Such a chic way to decorate for Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i like the tone on tone appearance this gives! these colors would look great through Thanksgiving too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OK..this is SERIOUSLY AWESOME! Dare I say super chic pumpkin? I said it.
    C

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great decor and a great little hostess gift too! Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the gold pumpkin Anna. I made this with my sister last year. Spray paint makes everything better :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pretty! Love these shimmery and soft pumkin colors - the gold one really adds some glamour!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This turned out so nice! I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. soooo cute! i think gold is such a great fall/winter color. warms things up. i'm totally bummed i didn't win the giveaway. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm thinking this weekend shall be pumpkin decorating time. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my goodness... this is incredible! I absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This idea is just too cute!! I'm hoping to do the same with my copper spray paint!! Thanks for the idea, Anna! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. those gold pumpkins are soo beautiful! what a great DIY and fall decoration!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. So cute! The fake pumpkins always look so lame at the craft store, but you made them look SO fabulous. The raffia is the perfect finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete
  22. this is such a simple and cute idea! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I spray painted a bunch of pumpkins last year to a gilded glow finish. The raffia is a cute touch. I love this DIY!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such a cute idea!! I bet your fall table looks amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. So pretty Anna! Hope you are having a great week! I just got back from Cinci and FELL IN LOVE :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love ittt! What a chic way to decorate for autumn/halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  27. what a fun and chic diy. i love when pumpkins are glammed up.

    ReplyDelete
  28. that is the most glamorous pumpkin idea EVER! love the way yours turned out - this is the niftiest of shares. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  29. Anna, what a cute idea!! I love the look of all three pumpkins together.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from each of you. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts! <3

 
Pin It button on image hover