6.21.2010

Meet the Blogger: Chris of Postcards & Pretties

Tell us the story behind the name Postcards and Pretties:
There is no real story behind the name. Since postcards are mainly used to send short messages to people, I saw my blog as a virtual postcard where I would be able to share my ideas and inspirations with my readers in different parts of the world… and not to mention I liked how two words sounded together.  J



What has been the best aspect of blogging for you?
It’s a tie…the best things for me about blogging is getting all the ideas I dream about out and being able to share them with my readers. I also love the blogging community - I would have never thought that I would meet such incredibly talented people {fellow bloggers, photographers, vendors, etc.} from all over the world with a common goal to inspire, create and support. I love that!


Your inspiration boards are incredible! What are your resources for inspiration?
Wow! Thank you! Let’s see…Antique shops, flea markets, magazines {online or print} and wedding and design blogs are mostly my main resources. I find inspiration in pretty much everything and anything.  I’ve noticed since I began blogging I tend to be more observant and keep notes of random things that could possibly transform into next weeks inspiration board. I’ve even began to carry a small journal in my bag for whenever I get inspired.

Do you have a current favorite color scheme or wedding trend?
It varies…but I would have to say soft neutrals - lots of cream, soft brown, pink and peach – to me there is something warm and casual about those colors.
I’m also a big fan of simple and intimate outdoor weddings especially with vintage/heirloom pieces mixed in and diy projects.




Just for fun-What is your ideal way to spend your weekends?
Sleeping in!! but that never happens. I love to visit local farmer’s markets, doing a bit of shopping and spending time with my nephew and niece.


Find more Postcards & Pretties Here:

* Find all the resources for the photos on Chris' blog! Thank you Chris for being a part of the series and sharing your inspiration with us! Can't wait to see more!


32 comments:

  1. What wonderful eye candy to start my gloomy Monday, thanks Anna for sharing Postcards & Pretties. Off to go follow along...

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love sleeping in too! I did noticed i became ultra observant and attentive to the surrounding as well. They might be random elements but ended up being inspirations too! Lovely interview.

    Wishing you a good week my friend! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh these photos just brightened up my day. And what a wonderful interview.

    Hope you had an amazing weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah I love her blog, it's always full of such beautiful inspiration boards! Hope you both have a great week!x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A real treat for the senses; such vibrant and playful pictures and so inspirational, too. Lovely interview! Enjoy the week;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i LOVE postcards and pretties blog! and it was great to learn how she got her name! =) thanks for sharing anna!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome blogger! Thanks for sharing. I always love hearing of other bloggers.

    xo
    Marcie

    ReplyDelete
  8. She's the best and I love her boards. They always brighten my day. She is a part of my link love on my blog. Way to go darling!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love! Love! Love!

    She's great!!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Chris has an amazing eye for style and all things pretty!! Her boards always inspire me and she is so supportive!! I'm really glad to call her my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I love Chris' blog! She does an amazing job of putting together the most inspiring pictures. Her blog is my does of daily inspiration - she puts colors together in the most beautiful way!

    xoxo
    kristi

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, such a beautiful post and great interview, Anna! I LOVE her inspiration boards...wow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this interview & I love Chris!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just adore these collages!! I'm heading out to check her blog out!
    xxx

    http://gypsy-diaries.blogspot.com/
    http://gypsy-photography.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this - you find the best people to feature! thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete
  16. yay! chris is an amazing blogger and cranks out the most gorgeous inspiration boards.

    ReplyDelete
  17. thanks for sharing!

    your blog is darling! found you on bloglovin, hope you stop by and say hello:
    http://amateurcouture.com

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful feature, Postcards & Pretties has the most gorgeous inspiration boards!

    ReplyDelete
  19. aaaw how sweet, off to check her blog out! thanks Anna for the intro xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous pictures! I love this series. It's so great to take a few minutes to read about a fellow blogger!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What wonderful photos and a great interview. I'm off to check out Chris' blog!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is one of my favorites you've ever done. It is beautiful! I love the top set of photos and the dress in the middle with the hat. LOVELY. Thank you for always inspiring with great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I LOVE this post... such great answers and beautiful photos to accompany them. Fabulous!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. adorable post and lovely blog. not to mention the boards! thx for all the 'pretties' ;))

    ReplyDelete
  25. So many pretty things! Love!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow - Her inspiration boards are great!

    ReplyDelete
  27. loved this! so inspired by the inspiration boards--especially the first one!!
    j.

    ReplyDelete
  28. They might be random elements but ended up being inspirations too! Lovely interview.
    Contextual Ad Network India

    ReplyDelete
  29. drooling over the grapefruit themed wedding!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from each of you. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts! <3

 
Pin It button on image hover