6.24.2010

DIY: Paper Pleated Flowers + Party Round Up

Here is the re-cap from the "Headbands and Happy Hour" event my sister hosted for IHOD:) It was so fun for me to create the decor, accessories, and drinks. I wanted to share with you this fun DIY I did that can be adapted for any occasion! ....



I combined two DIY's. I created the pleated flowers via Shop Ruche's directions. (Give or take. Made a few minor changes) I then attached them to hemp string for a garland effect. This was inspired by Fee-Amore's Post.



For drinks we served a few of Imagine's lovely Weekend Warm-Ups including Pomegranate Margaritas and Strawberry Champagne. Divine. Thanks Jamie!



It is taking me forever to squeeze in time to post all the new items in my shop. One by one!

BY THE WAY- The Michael Buble concert was unlike any concert I have ever been to. Phenomenal. HIGHLY recommend seeing him live someday. He has a God given talent that is undeniable. I am so thankful to my hubby for such a sweet birthday/anniversary gift:)

14 comments:

  1. cute!! i really love the setup and all of the items you had! the drink looks good yum! and you're soo lucky you got to go to the michael buble concert, he is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous little party - everything looks fantastic!! I'm throwing a "garden party themed" shower for my cousin and will definitely check out those flower tutorials - thank you.

    Off to check out all the new beauties in your shop. Hope your day is lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks amazing, love your paper decorations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh how gorgeous!!! love the decor and your beautiful headbands, so colorful and happy! and I bet those cocktails were amazing!! Jami always has the best recipes

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you had fun seeing Michael! Those headbands are adorable. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like everything featured- especially the paper garland.
    I had no idea you had an etsy shop! Where have I been??
    Off to favorite it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow so much good stuff here! I have already not-so-subtly mentioned that Michael Buble is in concert on our anniversary.. I hope I'm as lucky as you!

    xx Cristina

    ReplyDelete
  8. this looks absolutely fabulous!! i love your blog design and the way you make your picture collages for your posts!

    Have a lovely weekend!

    Persis.
    www.onestylemile.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks awesome. Seems like you had a great party. Hope you weekend is equally fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. oooo. I will take one pomegranate margarita and three green headbands please.

    so fun to see you two!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. how talented! your creations turned out beautiful. congrats! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. how fun!! I really love those garlands and the way you set everything up for display is beyond fabulous! sounds like a great party and thanks for the inspiration!!

    xoxo,

    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome DIY! I'm a new follower! xx

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from each of you. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts! <3

 
Pin It button on image hover