10.28.2009

Happy Halloween! DIY: Golden Pumpkins!

We recently had a fabulous day at the Pumpkin Patch. The owner new my brother-in-law so he took us to his private fields and let us literally fill up our cars with pumpkins and gourds of all shapes and sizes.
Below are most of them:)




Each year, my husband and I have a pumpkin carving contest and this year he did Dracula. Doesn't he look scary?? I decided to go for a different approach......





Check out this post at UberChicforCheap . I credit her for the idea.
All you need is a can of gold spray paint. Here are a few FREE Halloween vectors from ThinkDesign you can use as stencils for painting....or just create your own! I just hand painted some leaves around the bottom so I can use this as  thanksgiving table centerpiece:)



How are you decorating your pumpkins?

8 comments:

  1. Love the gold pumpkins. I think I will carve mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are amazing! Sadly, I haven't purchase pumpkins yet--eek.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are SO creative! I love this.

    Baci xx
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our Golden pumpkins were our favorites! I will do all metallic next year. They just made me happy every time I looked at them.

    These are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooo such a good idea! Well our pumpkins will probably be pete or paul's design...it will happen Friday night with Rrrrusty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am arguably the worst pumpkin carver in history, so spray painting is a great alternative. Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from each of you. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts! <3

 
Pin It button on image hover