9.11.2012

We Remember


We pause our regular scheduled programming to remember, reflect, and pray..

(photo via Rebecca Joy Beach  on instagram who planted a flag memorial in her NJ city)

9/11 - We will always remember.
Through the eyes of my children I see hope for the future, and through a loving God, I know He will never abandon this nation, even when it seems like he is no longer wanted and cared for, or when we face the darkest of days. My prayer with my children this morning as we lit a candle after Mass, was that we can always be a living light and walking truth to carry forth what this great nation was founded on, and to carry on the courage and love of neighbor which many of our unsung heroes fought and fell for that day.

How are you remembering?

15 comments:

  1. Beautiful post today, Anna. Thank you! May we never forget!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful. Thank you for sharing. I really hope that our people will never forget God and the freedom he has blessed us with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. -Heidi http://fabricandfrosting.blogspot.no/

    ReplyDelete
  4. What sweet sweet photos! We will never forget.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post Anna. Love the first photo of the little boy praying <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing this, Anna. We will be remembering tonight with a prayer/devotion, and thinking about all of those serving at home & abroad to protect our nation.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was a beautiful post and I love the photo of little Gabe. I will be flying in plane today, so I will be remembering by saying some silent prayers in the airport/plane.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. such a powerful, beautiful message... it is very important to remember this day :) thank you for sharing. XO brynn

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful post! that photo of gabe is so precious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for such a beautiful post. My daughter today asked why the flag was half mast....so even though she is five I told her the long story. I think she was taken a back a bit because she didn't speak for a while. We will always remember.

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful! Every year I am reminded not only of that day, but of His Love for us. Such a comforting thought, his Love.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I work for a university, and I organized a day-long service program to write letters to troops stationed overseas. I think we are going to make it a consistent effort to send them.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful post Anna! I remember the strength of our nation and of NYC during this difficult day 11 years ago. We must never forget!

    xx Amy
    Leopard and Lillies

    ReplyDelete
  14. i just loved this post. the first picture makes my heart so happy :) think its so important to teach kids prayer and giving thanks at such a young age!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from each of you. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts! <3

 
Pin It button on image hover