10.25.2010

Meet the Blogger: Erin of Dandelion & Grey

Which came first - blog or business?
The blog came first! After planning our wedding in June '09 I needed an outlet to continue my creativity. It wasn't until about 6 months after I had been blogging that I realized I also really missed the planning & design aspects of our wedding- which led me to start Dandelion & Grey Event Design in January 2010.



Your event and styling work is beautiful! What is your favorite aspect of getting to work with events?
My favorite aspect of getting to work with events is the diversity and creativity involved. Each couple has a different story, history & style and I truly feel so lucky to get the opportunity to bring that to life.


Where do you go for inspiration for your creative work?
I gather inspiration everywhere, but I would say the top three places I find it would be blogs, travel and tv/film. I am continually impressed at what I see on a daily basis on so many blogs. I think this community we have all created is just incredible and allows us to push ourselves to fulfill new creative endeavors.


How has blogging influenced your work or vice versa?
Blogging is a huge part of what I do. I love to be able to share my photoshoots, parties, weddings and inspiration with my readers. On the flipside, the business has influenced the blog in the sense that I tend to blog only about my work and inspiration these days, whereas I used to blog daily wedding inspiration. It definitely is ever-evolving, but this is a good way for me to share my work & maintain a balance! 


Just for fun - what is on your must have list for fall? 
Fall is my favorite season! I just purchased some adorable camel colored flats that I can't wait to wear. I also adore scarves, sweaters and boots...they are definitely staples in my Fall wardrobe!

Dandelion and Grey

*Thank you Erin for being a visitor here! You work is such an inspiration:) If you haven't yet seen her blog, you are missing out! Head on over!

33 comments:

  1. love love Erin, she is such an inspiration! and incredibly talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such gorgeous work -- thanks for introducing her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Her work is so pretty and inspirational - thanks for introducing her :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. She sounds so sweet! thanks for sharing her blog and business with us Anna! Her work is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic interview with Erin, Anna! She's one of my favorite bloggers (as are you) and such a constant source of inspiration. It's amazing how our blogs sometimes lead to big things.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous interview--very, very inspirational! These images make the weddings look absolutely enchanting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for introducing me to this new-to-me blogger! She seems really great! I love love love her photos!

    http://ashleyanderic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great interview!! Love Erin!! She's the sweetest and always super supportive. Wishing her much success!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay for Erin! I loved this interview so much! thank you for posting about it, and the photos are just wonderful!

    Thank you also for such sweet and helpful feedback the other day! I really appreciate it so much!

    hope you have a fantastic day!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun feature. Gorgeous photos! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great spotlight post! Will go check out Erin now...
    xoxo-nicolette

    http://www.simplycolette.blogspot.com
    www.photographygetaways.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great interview, her blog is so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I want my wedding to be this beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Not only is Erin a really talented designer, she is the sweetest person too.
    Thank you for sharing this article so that others may learn of her and her work.
    It is through Erin's blog that I've discovered you and I'm looking forward to reading your inspirational posts!

    x Felicity

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love Erin and love her work! She was one of my first blog loves :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Erin is a such an inspirational human being!! I love her work, I'm truly a big fan!! And on top of it all she is very supportive and always, and i mean always as a nice thing to say! Cannot wait to see what she will bring us in 2011.

    ReplyDelete
  17. i love erin's work! such a great interview! i always posts from this series!
    j.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you ALL for the amazing support and lovely comments! And thank you SO much, Anna for inviting me to take part in this series!

    -xoxo-
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nothing like sweet, innovative ideas. Bravo.
    xox Alexandra

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very beautiful work! I've admired her projects for a while now! Great post and interview!!

    xo - jami
    i m a g i n e

    ReplyDelete
  21. I adore Erin! She is so incredibly talented. So glad you shared her work.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What gorgeous work! I wish I could get married all over again and use Erin...it's all so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love her designs! She's so talented:) Thx for sharing, Anna! Will definitely be checking out her blog:)

    TheOwlsCloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great to see Erin's interview, Anna! Both Erin and her works are very inspiring, and beautiful. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  25. So pretty and I am going to have to start reading her blog. Also, wanted to let you know how much I enjoy reading your blog. It's one of my favs!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is a great interview! I love all the photos, the floral styling is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  27. What gorgeous and innovative ideas she has! Love the lamps down the middle of the table. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love this!!! Always love finding new inspirations :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. You sound like you love you work. That makes me smile.

    So happy for your success! Thanks for the inspiration and beauty you send out to all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Erin is not only over the top creative, she is also the most friendly and generous person.

    Thank you for featuring her on your lovely blog!

    Hugs to you both,

    Mon

    http://www.splendidwillow.com

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from each of you. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts! <3

 
Pin It button on image hover