8.16.2010

Inspiration: The Anderson Crew

I first discovered the Anderson Family through Buggie and Jellybean. (Thanks Amy!) I recently saw this post, and it made my heart swell. Read on for some true inspiration from Emily and her crew!












You are in the process of adopting a little girl from Ethiopia. What helped your family decide to adopt?
Well, Mr. Anderson and I have always known that we would adopt.  I have had a heart for it, for as long as I could remember.  We didn't think it would happen so soon for us, but the more we felt led to go in this direction, the more it made sense to us. If we bring her into our family now, while our munchkins are still little, I'm hoping it will help us all to adjust. I never want her to forget where she's from, but at the same time, I will always want her to think back and remember growing up with us.


What advice would you give to families considering adoption?
Fear is a reality of adoption.  There are so many unknowns.  We believe that God has us on this path for a reason, so we choose to trust Him.  I am having to give up with my fears...because really, what good does it do to worry about them anyways?  If I start to become overwhelmed with fears, or unknowns, I just look at her sweet little picture and realize it's all worth it.  Just like pregnancy/labor/delivery...it's hard work, but completely worth it in the end.


Follow the Anderson's Story Here:


*Thank you Emily for sharing your inspiration with us. I am looking forward to following this incredible journey!


21 comments:

  1. A beautifully inspiring story. Thanks for sharing it; I'm off to their site now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Inspiration for in a BIG way.

    Smooches Anna!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely post, Anna! Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  4. how inspirational! Thanks for posting Anna!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great family! Such a beautiful thing!!

    PS- you won the giveaway on my blog, come check it out and then email me your info :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. love this idea. I have several friends who have adopted. It's something my husband and I discuss often.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an inspirational story--and such great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's awesome... I love people that have a heart for adoption. Thanks for the intro to their sweet family.

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks for featuring us, anna! you are so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, so sweet! I always dreamed of having kids in all colours. Now i have 2 boys - and it proved that they were enough for me - but i still love this idea. And i admire this family. So great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an amazing story, and those photos are just so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, what an amazing story!! Thanks for sharing, Anna! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh i LOVE adoption stories!! thank you SO much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so sweet!! And I love those photos :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. I KNOW! So cute right?! I have already gushed all over their blog... now to read more of this one - happy to find you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this story! My nephew is adopted... I honestly forget that until someone brings it up. He's blood, to me. And, she's right about the fear part. There is so much unknown and it's all in the hands of someone else. I really have so much respect for families who choose to adopt and make themselves so vulnerable to be able to love a child.
    Thanks so much for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. this is the most beautiful thing i've seen all day...
    j.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from each of you. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts! <3

 
Pin It button on image hover