7.26.2010

Meet the Blogger: Liz Stanley - Say Yes to Hoboken




Tell us how you got started blogging, and what has been the best part about it?
I started blogging as more of a family blog, documenting our adventures living in Hoboken, NJ.  Inspired my sister in law, Jordan Ferney of Oh Happy Day, I started using it as a way to archive products and diy projects I was working on and it just kind of blossomed from there. My favorite part is what a creative outlet it's been for me and the sense of community bloggers have. I love blogging, look forward to doing it everyday and even if I were making nothing, I'd still be doing it. It's one of my very favorite hobbies.


As a mother, small business owner, and blogger, how do you juggle it all?
I'm someone that really likes to be busy. I'm pretty efficient in my time use and love to have a schedule and plan out my day. With only one child now, it seems to work out fine. I set aside time during the day (usually during naps or in the evening) to deal with blogging/advertising issues/answering emails and then make sure to shut the laptop quickly and go do something fun with my son. It's a nice balance right now.  


Where do you go for creative inspiration? 
I'm embarrassed to tell you how many blogs I subscribe to but it is A LOT. I don't read them all every day, or even every week, but when I am looking for inspiration it's a great place to start. I also love old issues of domino and martha stewart kids.  


What do you see yourself doing 5 years from now?
I have no idea! I love working from home and hope to be able to keep doing it even when our family grows. It's very fulfilling for me and a great creative outlet.


Just for fun- what are your weekend guilty pleasures? 
I love running, camping, hiking  and sewing. I also love checking out local thrift stores and eating out at a new restaurant here in San Francisco. 


Find Liz Stanley Here:


*So happy to welcome Liz Stanley here on IHOD! She has been one of my favorite bloggers since I entered the blogosphere... Say Yes to Hoboken is overflowing with creative inspiration...I hope you will visit! Thank you Liz for taking the time to be a part of this series!

24 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for featuring this blog! I just went over and visited and now I have a TON of new ideas of what to do with my sewing machine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You changed the look already! I know, I've been missing from the blog world for a while and I am discovering this now but I love the new look! And you chose my favourite header :)

    p.s. I love the idea of having a cloud shaped rug!! Then you could say that you are literally "sitting on a cloud" hehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That skirt is amazing, I love it! Great bag too, I have a similar one!

    xoxo
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  4. That cloud shaped rug would be perfect for a nursery, even better if it's white! Oh and that skirt is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH I love that skirt. How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Her blog is amazing. All of her tutorials + ideas are so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to check her out!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this interview... can 100% relate to her. Going to subscribe to her blog now. Thanks so much for a great interview!

    ReplyDelete
  10. eek! i love the big bow pencil skirt. it is so sweet. thanks for the introduction to another great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just loved this interview. Liz is just amazing and her blog is definitely a source of daily inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  12. love her blog! I'm a long time reader as well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. she is super cute! great feature! -- off to check out her sites!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great post, beautiful designs. That skirt is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yeah!! I'm so honored to be part of your series! Everyone is so kind, I'm blushing

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fun interview, I will check her out. =)

    ReplyDelete
  17. ohh wow i LOVE that bow skirt and the tote, what a talented lady!!

    btw, i posted some pics from my nephew's first visit to MO/KS, thought you might like it b/c your from the area and you have a toddler too! :) http://www.sandyalamode.com/2010/07/26/evans-first-visit-to-mo-and-ks/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for the intro, love the skirt! Going to pop over to her blog now :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Loved this interview...very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  20. looooveee her blog! loving this series big time :)
    j.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  22. she absolutely amazes me! another incredible woman!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from each of you. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts! <3

 
Pin It button on image hover